Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals,

so when i picked up my bike the day of purchase, I asked the tech to adjust the suspension to the hardest and to my weight which is 210 lbs with no gear and he said he did, Bike was soft, Diving everytime i brake and popping a wheeling on qa hard throttle, so I adjusted it my self per the manual and its a lot harder now and i like it alot, I'm afraid i messed up the setting and would cause the bike to act diffrent, Can the pros please chime in and advise if adjusting the suspension to the hardest in the front and the rear won't harm my bike, Waiting for answers.

thanks all and ride safe

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wont harm your bike at all. Many with the stock suspension...........the first thing that is done is maxing out both the preload and rebound settings front and back.

It is good to play with your suspension settings to try and match it to your weight.

Popping wheelies on quarter throttle..............not much can be done about that............I call it a purposeful defect.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I thought fully hard all around felt really good on the bike. I am similar weight, and mostly did city riding.

Sounds like the tech just plain didn't do what you asked...typical :rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought fully hard all around felt really good on the bike. I am similar weight, and mostly did city riding.

Sounds like the tech just plain didn't do what you asked...typical :rolleyes:

I mostly ride in the city and sometimes canyon, I only rode it with this setup in my parking lot due To my foot injury that doesn't allow me to ride, hopefully tommrow when I take off my stiches, I'll be able to ride longer and provide more feedback.

Thanks everyone that replied and feel free to share more experiences.

LehighLuke: how is the the recovery coming along bud?

·
Registered
23 Posts
At your weight even full hard on the stock suspension will still feel soft. I'm just over 200 geared and ride full hard on everything, front to back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts