Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with a dealer here in TX, and he confirmed the September Release. He told me that they are actively taking deposits, but are unsure of the quantities that they will be able to order just yet. The Service Manager got to see it live and in person at the Vegas show, and was "really impressed" with the bike!

Long story short. "Like with the Bolt, they shot for the first of the month, and the dealership took delivery about the second week of the month." This means that the bikes should be shipping out to the dealers around the first part of the month, and you should be able to sit on one the second or third! Get those preorders in soon! Looks like we have 3 months to continue to dig stuff up!

Hopefully more things soon!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone talk to a dealer that has a firm date?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nothing firm yet, just "October" is what I'm hearing. I'm waiting on some call backs though so hopefully we can get a little more specific.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer told me "September" also. I have not put a deposit down yet but will soon just to make sure I get one of the first ones.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer told me "September" also. I have not put a deposit down yet but will soon just to make sure I get one of the first ones.
Probably a good move! I have been following another new release that is going to be pretty elusive once it hits the streets.

The Grom from Honda is going to be a hot commodity for the first year or so.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
One dealer that I talked to a couple of weeks ago, stated that he is no longer taking deposits on the Grom, as he suspects that he is already sold out for the year. It would sure make a nice little "hooligan" bike or even a top of the line "pit bike".

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
That grom sounds like my chainsaw. What is that a mini bike aimed a scooter riders? $8200 chainsaw. Still gotta go with the Yamaha without question.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
The $8200 price was in reference to the FZ....not the Grom. The Grom will list for $2995.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a local dealer tell me they wouldn't have one till March. She was trying to really get me on the FZ8. Too bad she lost the sell since I will now be driving 2 hours to get my 9.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was on the phone today with a few dealers here in Northern California. They were saying by the end of this month they should know when they're getting them, and should start selling them in September. I hope that's the case but these bikes will be selling fast i think.

Just hope there isn't any major recall with them. Only time will tell..

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good info to have ttsang91! Thank you for the update! We are all looking at the calendar, counting the days!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer in Beaverton, OR is thinking Oct. but nothing is firm yet. I am #1 on their list and want the red to stay visible.

BTW, I read that visual perception falls off first in the blue spectrum, while folks can see longer wavelength reds more easily as they age.

PhilZ

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How on earth have the magazines NOT got ahold of one yet?
Because that is in Cananada. They do everything ass backwards up there! I am going to add the picture here, to save you guys a click.

At least they have to pay another $1000 for it up there.

I am calling my dealer to see what the heck the deal is!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Keep us updated Nick....this sh!t is getting exciting now!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts