Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Humor me. I typed this up because I was bored on a particularly slow day at work.)

The FZ-09 is my third motorcycle, and in a lot of ways, ownership of each motorcycle I have was a lot like a relationship. Looking back on it, I can relate each one to a specific type. Here is my story of going from SV650 > ZX-6R > FZ-09, using dating/relationships as a metaphor.

The very first relationship I ever had wasn’t really a truly committed, serious relationship. It was an on-again, off-again fling that lasted five years. She wasn’t the prettiest girl out there, and she definitely had her “issues,” but she understood me well. She was patient enough to put up with the fact that I was also dealing with my own “issues,” she was loyal, gave me relatively little drama, and was pretty “adventurous” under the sheets as well. More than that, though, she was also my friend, which, unfortunately, was precisely the problem…

After five years together, and watching as I started coming out of my shell and drawing attention from other women, she decided she wanted to get serious with me. But for all of the good things she had going on for her, there just wasn’t any real emotional “spark.” Additionally, I just couldn’t get past her aforementioned “issues.” I just couldn’t see taking what we had beyond anything more than a casual fling, and with great regret, I had to let her go.

Not soon after, things got very serious very quickly with a new girl who—on paper, anyway—had it all going on in all the right places. She looked absolutely gorgeous, she was refined, mature, and she left me under the impression that she, also, would be equally understanding of the fact that I was still dealing with my own little “issues.” Things were not as they appeared, though. The girl turned out to be a stage-five clinger, who took charge of the relationship early on. And everything was either her way or the highway. She was demanding, prone to mood swings, and she was so kinky in bed that it went way past the realm of enjoyable into just plain scary. She was nice to spend the occasional weekend with, but trying to live with her day to day and become more personal with her was just plain dangerous. This woman was going to lead me to an early grave.

She eventually left me for someone else who must have been a glutton for punishment, because they had a long history of dating girls like that and wanted another. And to be honest, I couldn’t have been happier. The fact that she only left me with a sizeable dent in my bank account made me think I got off light. Dating her, though, taught me an important thing. I had to date a girl like that to learn that it wasn’t what I wanted, as well as what warning signs to look for in future “prospects.” Additionally, it taught me to place a new, higher sense of value on everything the old fling had going for her. Which brings us to now…

A few months ago, I found out the old fling had a big sister she never told me about. I introduced myself one day, and it was like it was meant to be. Everything the little sister had going for her, this girl also had. Only she took it to a completely different level. She still had a lot of those same “issues” (must be a family thing?), but given that she was a hell of a lot prettier and ignited a “spark” in me that the other girl didn’t, it suddenly became very easy to overlook them. We’re “Facebook Official” now, and we’ve already decided we’re in it for the long haul.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You were bored, but I can see what you are saying lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have a government job. Boredom is part of the package.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Me too, luckily when I'm not out to sea I can escape early most days if they don't need me there.

Reactions: weaponzero

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Awe....A love story with a happy ending! Good night John Boy! (probably most of you younger guys won't understand the John Boy comment!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ride it like you stole it. Cut your crotch hair short so your dick looks longer. These two things solve every problem. If they don't....try ChristainMingle.com for a slow painful death. :evil6:

Reactions: Rayminator

·
Registered
39 Posts
Currently at work also, going to try my hand at this.

History:
2011- Iron 883
2012- CBR250R
2013- Buell 1125R then R6
2014- FZ09

My very first love was very traditional. She grew up in a very old school family, but she had somewhat of a youthful edge in comparison the rest of her family. We would go around town having fun and occasionally make a long trip. She was a bit on the heavy side, not surprised since she was American in many ways. She had a wonderful voice and people would always make a comment about it. I lost my v-card to her, but it was a very pleasant time. However as I got older, I realized she would be the kind of girl you would want to meet when you're ready to take it easy. I'm still young and wanted to do more exciting things. This is where her traditional upbringing caused problems for us. She couldn't do anything new in bed and would be very vocal about me trying to push the edge. Sadly, it got to the point I wasn't enjoying our times together anymore.

My next fling would be with a petite Japanese lady. She was a simple kind of girl with simple tastes. We got along really well even though she had less assets than my last girl. She was willing and able to try new things. People called her cute and small. She and I had worlds of fun traveling places. She was very low-maintenance as well and could take the occasional fights we had with stride. But the best thing she was, was reliable. Too reliable, I felt as though she would agree with me on everything. After a few months we discussed her lack of drive and ambition. I wished she wasn't such a push over at times. I wanted someone who wouldn't be scared to tell me off when the time calls for it. It ended smoothly and I saw her as a friend. Not soon after was she already dating one of my friend. I wasn't jealous, I'm glad she's happy.

The girl after her was in a word: Exotic. She was a cousin from my first girlfriend's family. The only thing she had in common with her cousin though was her voice. She loved the fast lane. She was welcome to any opportunity for fun times. She had the thing the last girl didn't have: outspoken and ambitious. However, she was very high-maintenance. This one time I took her out to the suburbs and she just shut down on me. My first gf said she tends to do that. It was a very short-fling. She was a great girl, but I couldn't handle arguing everytime we went out.

The girl for the rest of last year, was amazing. She pretty much could read my mind in bed and the sound she made omg, she's just that good. She drew looks from everyone on the street even other women. It was a whirlwind romance. We traveled often together and saw a lot of the world. We got into some trouble, but it was over innocent fun. But life changes a lot and soon she wanted to do more risky things and would sometimes get us into trouble that wasn't that innocent. I came into circumstances that wouldn't allow for such a lifestyle, so I couldn't commit to a relationship with her anymore. We still see each other from time to time on weekends, but nothing long-term for now. Maybe in the future we could end up together again.

The girl I'm seeing now is a somewhat all the girls before put together. The one thing about her is that she has good timing. When I'm having a rainy day, she doesn't try to push my buttons as much and is smooth sailing. When I'm in the mood to have fun she's more than willing to demand more of me when it's possible. She loves having her head in the wind and at first I found a bit annoying, but I eventually grew to like feeling the blast of wind as well. Her voice is lovelier than the first and third girls. She can do everything the past three girls could do, and it seems a bit premature, but I think she's the one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's tax season so.... IRS accounting?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The FZ is like the hot, naughty girlfriend. You can spank her, but she will spank you back. She likes to be ridden hard, but can switch to gentle mode. Everybody checks her out when she is out and about. She is the fiery temperamental red head. Hard to handle but fun to ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first bike was an old whore. She showed me the ropes, and we had some fun. Until I tried to slow things down. She wasn't having it and threw me into a minivan.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Reactions: Mothy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts