Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a bit bored this afternoon so I mocked up the changes I'd like to see to the FZ-09:
- Extra body kit from the Rally version
- Akra / aftermarket exhaust
- Colour variations
- Sloped bars

GraySilver.jpg GreenBlue.jpg GreenGold.jpg RedGold.jpg RedSilver.jpg

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
As an old fart what you did with PhotoShop etc seems like magic lol.

I'm not into the extra body work bits, but based on what you did, an 09 I'd like, take a stock red 09, turn the red parts the green that you have on that tank, and the frame gold to match the forks.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yep, thanks! When will you deliver it? I'll put the clubmans on myself, have some Buell ones on the way already lol.

Where did you get that green? Just off a pallet or some other vehicle?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, thanks! When will you deliver it? I'll put the clubmans on myself, have some Buell ones on the way already lol.

Where did you get that green? Just off a pallet or some other vehicle?
I just chose it at whim. I'll see about that delivery, you have to send the money first! :p

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
That green is bright/vivid without being as yellow as Kawasaki green. I like that too but yours better. I heard K green is one part blue paint 2 parts yellow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Now you went and did it, making me think. Buy the orange bike since thats the only color on it and the wheels are black and the frame isn't. Paint the tank, fender, side panel and aftermarket side filler a nice green (or whatever) and you'd have it. You could strip it down to powder coat the frame a nice complimentary gold (for the green) and leave the forks. But then, that orange looks so nice in some of the pictures...

Is the red bikes color on the plastic a paint product or is the plastic itself that color or maybe I should ask if there is a problem painting the plastic pcs. and having it come out really nice? Mark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts