Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I had some doubts about what will be the final price for a New FZ-09 out the door?
Dealer fees (I'm sure there are a lot of $$$ extras) , of course Taxes will depend on what State you are (I'm in Florida, 7%) etc...

Lets say MSRP is $7995 ... plus, plus, plus ... Some dealers charge up to $1000 in Fees... :confused:
What will be a good deal? :cool:

Thanks!
Max

·
Super Moderator
5,713 Posts
The OTD price varies wildly from dealer to dealer. In my case, I got the dealer to waive the freight and setup fees. There was the usual Doc. fee, which also varies from dealer to dealer. Tax, title, registration/plate will also vary from state to state. All told, in the state of TN, I paid $8800 when everything was said and done........and that was everything.

Reactions: ca1192trd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sound like a very good deal!!! I'm planning to get mine in a couple of months... but went to Motoport Yamaha near Miami to know the "real" number and one of the salesman told me that will be around $10K ... looked like a handgun theft!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That sound like a very good deal!!! I'm planning to get mine in a couple of months... but went to Motoport Yamaha near Miami to know the "real" number and one of the salesman told me that will be around $10K ... looked like a handgun theft!

Thanks!
There is a post already somewhere about OTD prices. Shop around, some dealers are out trying to rape everyone. $10k OTD sounds somewhat high for a $7,990 bike. Got mine for $8,435 OTD and our taxes are 8.25%. No freight, no set-up and $300 off MSRP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's what my not so local dealer wants. List price $7990, sales tax $480, tag (what I call a license plate) $250ish, setup $400, shipping fee $400, paper shuffling fee $300. $9820.. I think Florida puts a sales tax on all the fees, so another $66.

Of course, my Honda 919 still runs good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everyone! I had some doubts about what will be the final price for a New FZ-09 out the door?
Dealer fees (I'm sure there are a lot of $$$ extras) , of course Taxes will depend on what State you are (I'm in Florida, 7%) etc...

Lets say MSRP is $7995 ... plus, plus, plus ... Some dealers charge up to $1000 in Fees... :confused:
What will be a good deal? :cool:

Thanks!
Max
$8550 OTD includes 3% NC tax ($250) for me

·
Registered
570 Posts
That's what my not so local dealer wants. List price $7990, sales tax $480, tag (what I call a license plate) $250ish, setup $400, shipping fee $400, paper shuffling fee $300. $9820.. I think Florida puts a sales tax on all the fees, so another $66.

Of course, my Honda 919 still runs good.
That sounds like a local dealer I went to last week; he's dreaming if he thinks I'll go for a price like that.

Happily my 1991 Hawk GT is running just fine too!

·
Registered
554 Posts
$9200 otd for me here in California. I was happy to pay it as I really wanted the bike and there were other people trying to get it. It helps to know the dealer and have bought other bikes there before! He got two calls while I was filling out the forms and isn't getting another bike until Feb and one more in March according to what he knows at this point! I'm so glad I got one!

Daniel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW I'm really amazed! Will definitely shop around with those tips and experiences from you guys! Cant believe how some dealers are so @&#$!

Thanks again! Ride safe! Enjoy every mile!
Max

·
Registered
235 Posts
Under $8500 OTD for me in Texas..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And we are talking of a bran new model that just came out... very good deals you guys did.
Just came from Riva Motorsports Miami, same thing...salesman did not know dealers fees....told me it depends...bla bla bla...
Anyone from South Florida that recommends other dealers? Maybe could buy up north and take advantage and ride it back home!

Thanks!
Max

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was quoted $8387 OTD at a local dealer here in NC. Got them down to $8100, free first oil change, and a store credit to get a fly screen once they can get one. Not sure exactly how they got to the number but I think I got a pretty good deal

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I was quoted $8387 OTD at a local dealer here in NC. Got them down to $8100, free first oil change, and a store credit to get a fly screen once they can get one. Not sure exactly how they got to the number but I think I got a pretty good deal
grats and welcome! would you mind posting your VIN/color in the Member VIN list? (see my sig for a link)

·
Registered
247 Posts
$8100-oil change-fly screen= About $7,900 OTD Ddavis's deal must be the best so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By far the best deal! Congrats! I'm going to print this thread and visit all dealer around here!!! I want mine now!:mad:

·
Registered
380 Posts
8575.15 OTD including 7% tax and DMV

1 - 20 of 306 Posts