Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wish I could have got out of work to make that weekend. Sucked being a few hours away and stuck at work. Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
my wife spotted the fz commercial. she shouted for me to get my head out of the refrigerator and come look. she's a sweetie.

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
thanks for posting that fiddy. pretty impressive track facility.

my one and only parade lap was at road america. a real balls to the wall affair it was and i intentionally
feigned a mechanical in order to get out onto the track dead last which gave me a bit of breathing room.

i must say, motorcycle enthusiasts north of the mason-dixon line have a real flair for life. it must have something
to do with suffering through long, arduous winters, as my observation is that when the warm weather finally appears,
those folks up around elkhart lake party like no other. and i thought we knew how to throw down at road atlanta.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I've never done a parade lap but I've done track days at 2 national level tracks that get TV race coverage, VIR and Barber. Really adds to watching races on TV. I even watch car racing on them now lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Barber is definitely my favorite track. I've probably got over 5000 miles on that track, including a Jason DiSalvo speed academy day. I loves me some Barber.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya the music sucks I didn't hear till after I posted the video. I don't have speakers on my computer and just picked something that fit the video (song was provided by you tube). You can't hear the motor the Contour camera is mounted on my helmet and really all you hear is wind noise. The track is a great track ride smart has a track day there for $450 a day. I stick to my local tracks at $100-$150 per day. Maybe someday I'll splurge but instead I'd prob just go do a weekend school.

I haven't got to watch the race on tv yet did they have a new FZ-09 commercial?

I was dissappointed not to see another FZ-09 in the parking lot or in line for the parade lap.

·
Registered
60 Posts
my wife spotted the fz commercial. she shouted for me to get my head out of the refrigerator and come look. she's a sweetie.
Now that's a keeper. My wife keeps saying "Baby I really like your bike" or "You look really good on that bike" as long as she keeps that up I will make the sammiches!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Back in the day (~1970) I did a parade lap in the Astrodome. That was when the AMA was having flat tracking and TTs there. One of the local TV anchors did "hoked-up" race with someone (forgot who he raced) and he crashed and broke a shoulder blade.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
How long did you wait in line to get on the track? That and not being able to let it hang out always deterred me. I did see you guys on the track from my seats in turn 15.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How long did you wait in line to get on the track? That and not being able to let it hang out always deterred me. I did see you guys on the track from my seats in turn 15.
I waited about 45mins in line. There was only maybe 15 people in the Yamaha line so we all got to go first. When I got my pass the lady said 1200 people had signed up to do the parade lap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts