Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a ride on the Dragon. Bike handled surprisingly well with stock suspension. Those peg feelers need to come off. They scrape easily.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
When we're you there? I live 18 miles from Tabcat bridge....could have met up with ya. :(

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anxious to watch your video when I get home, blocked at work :BangHead:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Watcha' doin' in August... ;)
Depends on the weekend! I've got a Road Atlanta track day on the 16/17 and a Barber weekend the 23rd/24th. Let me know When you're coming this way.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I plan on making a loop through 129 on June 26th. Making my way to Muddy Creek in Blountville to the Motocross Nationals. That is the best place that I ever raced.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ill be down that way come the end of June as well. Its going to be a blast!

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When we're you there? I live 18 miles from Tabcat bridge....could have met up with ya. :(
Would have been fun to hook up! I was there Wed May 21 (yesterday as of this post). The FZ gets lots of thumbs up at the resort.

Might be back down in September. I'll have to remember to msg you if we make it down.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a great angle.
It's the Gopro Roll-bar mount attached to the frame slider. You can see how much the front fork moves which is neat.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here's what I'm talking about with the feelers. They don't allow for aggressive lean angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will be taking a 4 day trip june 13-16 and will be hitting the dragon. Havent been up that way in a couple years. Cant wait

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
It's the Gopro Roll-bar mount attached to the frame slider. You can see how much the front fork moves which is neat.
I like that cam location, have been thinking of doing something similar. If you have a chance please post a close up photo of the mounted GoPro.

I just got around to mounting my Woodcraft frame sliders, seems that using a longer bolt for the puck can be a good way to mount a cam.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Would have been fun to hook up! I was there Wed May 21 (yesterday as of this post). The FZ gets lots of thumbs up at the resort.

Might be back down in September. I'll have to remember to msg you if we make it down.
Yea, that would have been hard for me to get off work in the middle of the week. Maybe Sept if it's a Fri/Sat/Sun and not a track day weekend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool video. Where is the gopro mounted. side of the tank?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like that cam location, have been thinking of doing something similar. If you have a chance please post a close up photo of the mounted GoPro.

I just got around to mounting my Woodcraft frame sliders, seems that using a longer bolt for the puck can be a good way to mount a cam.
This is how it was mounted to the slider. It's the roll-bar mount.

It can also be mounted upside down for a lower view.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts