Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
uploadfromtaptalk1382315436613.jpg

Hi everyone!

Some of you already know me from some other house. Well, since you all ask for it... there it is! My Marthy-Danmoto shorty exhaust mod. This is the prototype that I made last week. Things will change a bit but will look about the same. (a bit more angle up at the end instead of gradually going upward like the first one)

The kit will be a very simple DIY 3 pieces kit. Collector, mid pipe and slip-on. The Danmoto is the slip-on I've been using for the FZ6R and FZ8 lately. Quality vs. price is good and it comes with a DBKiller for $200.00

I did mine and other than figure it out how witch combination of tubing / bend to used... once all sort out it should not take you more than 1 hr or so to do your exhaust. Still waiting on some final quote since I had to get the tube custom made to fit the FZ-09 properly. The whole thing will be build 100% from stainless steel and will be top notch grade. Price will depend of the quote I'm waiting for... but look at about 1/2 the price of the "other exhaust".

In the mean time, I'm working intensively to get an affordable fuel controller option that will work well for the FZ-09. I know from experience after 3 years of building exhaust... not everyone feel the need to dump $300-400 on a PCV or flash tune. Not trying to cut business off other supplier but just trying to give customer different options. Look like the FZ-09 will need some sort of piggy back controller to run smooth (with or without an exhaust) With that said, after I'm done with the tune and everything. One of the first customer that will take the plunge might have to either ship his whole exhaust or trade in with mine so I can do the stock exhaust tune.

So enough talking...

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
I want one! You had me at "vrooom" "vrooom", lol

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Sound even better in person!

I have 2 unit coming... waiting on some last details about final parts price and shipping. I still need the final quote for the price... but that will be the best bang for the $$$ for sure! So you're #1 on the list? 1 out of two...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sounds awesome.. I'm in!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dang...I'm going to have to build some more already... LOL

Thanks everyone for your support! Working really hard to make things happen at an affordable price. Well, good news on the fuel controller. I had a chat with the technician late today with some good news. The first fuel controller should out the door by Wednesday :) Hope to get it here for the weekend... I'll be pounding some serious riding and tuning over the weekend! Other than that, looking within 2 weeks everything should be up and running!

Any of you two that are in, any one of you ant to do a exhaust swap? I need one stock exhaust to do the "stock exhaust tune". You will get my headers only... all other parts will be spanking new!

Accordingly to the fuel controller tech, our best option might be to disconnect the O2 sensor. I'll do the tuning first.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still need to finalize few design detail with the supplier. There's some custom work involve and I'm trying to get the best deal possible. I'll be on his bum tomorrow to come up with some price ASAP. If I have few of you guys that are in I could do a little group buy. Not more difficult for me to build 2 then 20! Look like they will be able to bend the tubing within a week or so. And I have 5 Danmoto can in stock left. I might need to order some more... that's 2 weeks to get them custom made.

So what do you all think? Do we have enough to put a group buy already? I was going to do one later on but if we are all ready now. Let me come up with the final numbers first...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm sure there will be more interested.. Are you able to offer different finishes? I prefer the black but I'm sure more will ask..

Reactions: GoldForks

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure there will be more interested.. Are you able to offer different finishes? I prefer the black but I'm sure more will ask..
I really like the Danmoto. This is the best price/quality slip-on I found. But I do understand it's not all about what I like. LOL

If anyone has a suggestion, let me know.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I really like the Danmoto. This is the best price/quality slip-on I found. But I do understand it's not all about what I like. LOL

If anyone has a suggestion, let me know.
What are the options? Black, stainless, and a black/stainless?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dang...I'm going to have to build some more already... LOL

Thanks everyone for your support! Working really hard to make things happen at an affordable price. Well, good news on the fuel controller. I had a chat with the technician late today with some good news. The first fuel controller should out the door by Wednesday :) Hope to get it here for the weekend... I'll be pounding some serious riding and tuning over the weekend! Other than that, looking within 2 weeks everything should be up and running!

Any of you two that are in, any one of you ant to do a exhaust swap? I need one stock exhaust to do the "stock exhaust tune". You will get my headers only... all other parts will be spanking new!

Accordingly to the fuel controller tech, our best option might be to disconnect the O2 sensor. I'll do the tuning first.
What all would need to be done on the swappee end?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll ship you my headers and a brand new collector, mid pipe and slip-on. Then you ship me your stock exhaust. I need to do the tune for a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Danmoto have quality slip-on and are affordable. They have a GP style all SSteel. They also have a round one in SSteel. But they are small in diameter and a bit noisy. The can I have right now was the best deal for the price. I'll do some research on my side. I would recommend staying away from carbon slip-on. Since it's mounted close to the collector I'm afraid that it would melt. I tested one on a FZ8 and the slip-on rip apart within 100 miles. So If someone want to try... go ahead. LOL

What are you looking at?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'll ship you my headers and a brand new collector, mid pipe and slip-on. Then you ship me your stock exhaust. I need to do the tune for a stock exhaust.
No need to do a tune after the exhaust is put on? N/M saw ur fuel controller blurb.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Danmoto have quality slip-on and are affordable. They have a GP style all SSteel. They also have a round one in SSteel. But they are small in diameter and a bit noisy. The can I have right now was the best deal for the price. I'll do some research on my side. I would recommend staying away from carbon slip-on. Since it's mounted close to the collector I'm afraid that it would melt. I tested one on a FZ8 and the slip-on rip apart within 100 miles. So If someone want to try... go ahead. LOL

What are you looking at?

I think you picked a winner man. That can looks really good on the 09...I think most ppl will want that can in black or silver. I want the black one =)

Let me schedule my 600 mile service...should be set to send it out next week.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts