Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
What's the deal with the push broom / metal detector?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
What's the deal with the push broom / metal detector?
It's just to help so the bike doesn't roll back, and the rider doesn't have to hold his brakes as he is taking off. I have seen youtube videos where you use this for vintage bike rally races, but never with modern bikes???

·
Registered
835 Posts
I love all the different launch techniques! Some of the guys blast that throttle and control the launch with the clutch, others snapped it out and rolled on hard.

Wee!

Reactions: Ronnie Ronsta

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I know where to get them... I wanted to get the headlight cover for my last track day. They never reply to me. I'll check your link. Thanks
Race body work is no fun.. been working on this last few months. Had to re-fit / re-drill all the mounting points to get it to fit right. But should be ready for next month.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I need a volunteer to hold the broom for me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Can any one post a link on where those kits can be purchased at or looked at, just to see the diff designs they have.

Thanks

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
I've given a lot of thought to making the FZ-09 a full-on track/race bike. My biggest aversion is that I genuinely enjoy riding the FZ on the road, even though I don't use it as my primary bike. But beyond my desire to ride it on the road, if I turned it into a dedicated track bike, I'd want to race it. And unless we form a cup series here in the states, it really doesn't fit well into existing classes. It just isn't good enough to go up against the prepped 750's. Even outside of a cup series, I can see a home in a triples class, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but majority of MT-09s that I see online with a Ohlins shock has a remote reservoir. The Ohlins shock they advertise in the U.S. does not have a remote reservoir.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts