Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I just recently purchased a used FZ09 and decided to remove the wind screen that came with the bike. This wind shield is made my MRA (Made in Germany!) and is not a universal windscreen. The brackets are made specifically for the FZ-09 that utilizes the four bolts above the headlight. Very well made piece, much better than most of the junk found on eBay. I have removed the windscreen from the bike, so these pictures are all I have that show how it looked. It was much more comfortable riding above 65mph with the windscreen, but I don't do much highway driving. This part numbers from the windshield are: WVM - KBA 90512. All parts are in like new condition.

Local pickup near 08081 (Sicklerville, South Jersey).
$80 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

IMG_0063.jpg IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0064.jpg IMG_0065.jpg

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are you the guy who rides by mongans at like 4pm??? I live in Sicklerville and see a graphite at that intersection all the time!

Sorry didn't mean to jack your thread. The windscreen is nice, I bet it would be helpful in the highways.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have that shield and I never imagined that I would leave it on for anything other than trips, but I use it for daily duty. I hit triple digits on most rides and the wind protection can't be beat. There is no way that I would ride my bike without it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you the guy who rides by mongans at like 4pm??? I live in Sicklerville and see a graphite at that intersection all the time!

Sorry didn't mean to jack your thread. The windscreen is nice, I bet it would be helpful in the highways.
Yep, that's me! I go by around 8:30 and 5:30 every day on my way to Voorhees. Are you the guy with the Orange (or maybe red.. it's a blur) FZ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep, that's me! I go by around 8:30 and 5:30 every day on my way to Voorhees. Are you the guy with the Orange (or maybe red.. it's a blur) FZ?
Ha! That's me! I get home from work and before I go out for a ride, I fuel up at the Wawa there on the corner. I was at the Wawa this afternoon and some guy comes up to me and adamantly insisted I was riding a Ducati, not a Yamaha... oh man, this town is great.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
It isn't like that in Florida.

I'm surrounded by the most highly intellectual group of people East of the Mississippi. :cool:

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I just wanted to say that MRA makes good quality stuff. I have had them in the past and have the MRA VarioTouringScreen which has an adjustable spoiler, on my 09. Since I am on the highway all the time I need a wind screen and find the MRA works great.

Twisted Throttle sells the MRA TouringScreen Windshield For Yamaha FZ-09 '14 - $117.50
MRA TouringScreen Windshield for Yamaha FZ-09 '14 - TwistedThrottle.com

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll take it. Can you take pay pall?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just wanted to say that MRA makes good quality stuff. I have had them in the past and have the MRA VarioTouringScreen which has an adjustable spoiler, on my 09. Since I am on the highway all the time I need a wind screen and find the MRA works great.

Twisted Throttle sells the MRA TouringScreen Windshield For Yamaha FZ-09 '14 - $117.50
MRA TouringScreen Windshield for Yamaha FZ-09 '14 - TwistedThrottle.com
I have one also and it is top quality, especially since Twisted Throttle sent a stiffener to prevent flapping in the wind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
teejmiller
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing