·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black-and-white Sky Photography Sea Monochrome
Photo Credit: TheFZ09ismine

Melissa Erickson of the Herald News said:
Yamaha FZ-09

Small, light and powerful, the all-new Yamaha FZ-09 is priced right coming in at under $8,000. This is an all-around motorcycle that can take you to work during the week or hit the open road for adventure.

The FZ-09 hits one of the hottest segments of the market. A “naked” bike, it combines sport bike performance with a stripped down design.

The FZ-09 is powered by a fuel-injected, 847cc three-cylinder engine with a four-valve cylinder head and an equal firing interval, which Yamaha calls “crossplank crank.” There’s also a six-speed manual gearbox, steel and aluminum chassis, an adjustable inverted fork, rear single-shock suspension and triple-disc brakes. Curb weight is only 414 lbs.

Riders will feel free to wrap themselves around the bike because of a narrow seat and fuel tank design. This nimble ride comes with a heavy blast of bottom-end torque for great cornering, and when you hit 5,000 RPMs the power train roars to life.

Performance components include Yamaha’s YCC-T ride-by-wire throttle system, D-mode with three throttle position settings, adjustable suspension, variable throttle intake lengths.

MSRP: $7,990
Seems to me that she just read some highlights. Copy. Paste. But at least the bike was on her list to copy and paste about. But even then she didn't get some things right. Care to play a game of "Find the Foibles"?!?

What happened to journalists, man?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Actually if you were to be picky, one could argue the 4 valve cylinder head also...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't think the intake lengths are variable, I know they're un-even. Would not call the ride by wire throttle a performance component. Tell me where the steel is in the steel and aluminum chassis, the picture sure isn't a FZ09.
Also, the motor pulls like crazy everywhere not just roaring to life from 5000 RPM on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The writer doesn't seem to understand much about the subject (motorcycles) she's writing about, not unusual in today's "journalism."

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ROTFLMAO! Thanks guys, I needed that after this week... it's obvious this person never rode the bike. They are really missing out...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts