Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the instrument panel...

Select can be pressed to toggle between trip, odometer, temperature(air or engine), and MPG.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CJ, so 7:54 is the time, 77 is the air temperature, are the bars above that the fuel level, showing half a tank?
Correct on the time. 77 is the mileage. The temperature would be at that same spot. That is correct regarding the fuel level. I was getting 45-50 MPG yesterday. The MPG would be in the same spot the 77 is currently.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thank you cj for showing us all this. Can you tell me the diameter of the bars i suspect 1" but not sure?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you cj for showing us all this. Can you tell me the diameter of the bars i suspect 1" but not sure?
They measure 7/8" at the grips and mirrors and taper into 1 1/8" at the instrument panel. In the image, the tape is curving with the contour of the bar.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Thanks Doug, I'll likely want to reproduce the forward lean of a SV650, to lean on the wind etc. I went to - ZETA RACING - and see that all of the bars in that line have a 1 1/8 center diameter, cool.

So are all of those bars and the original 09 bars solid aluminum? 09 riders thinking of bar end mirrors, different bar end weights etc will need to take into account.

Those are bars based on the original Pro Taper bars designed for motocross years ago. They are hard to bend and do not need a crossbar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts