Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure Can. I'll take them later today, and throw them up. comes in the box with a rear tire already installed. The front is packed in behind the rear tire. Cant see it here, but Ill take a pic of it. There is also a box about twice the size of a shoe box up above and behind the rear tire. Probably contains the mirrors, and what nots to assemble the front end. In any case, I'll shoot away. Out of the box, the bike has no fuel, or oil. I cant say for sure about coolant, and break fluid, but I would image those fluids would be in place from the factory.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian looks good sucks that we have to wait for dam winter to get over ...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for the pics, really neat to see what the dealers actually have to put together. that would be torture for me to see it but not be able to have it

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yeah very cool to see it crated. I don't think my dealer gets it that way. Pretty sure they assemble them in s cal and then truck them up here. I know that's what happened with mine. I see delivery trucks hauling large trailers packed with new bikes already assembled all the time.

Hope spring comes early for you this year!

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Having to wait till March should be declared "cruel and unusual punishment", but it will give you a chance to pick up any accessories you want before the season begins. Here's hoping for an early spring! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was tempted to have them put it all together and truck it over, but patience is a virtue as they say. I have a pile more pics of the bike in the crate, but I'll post them in the appropriate section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bike is still in the box, and will stay there till I say build it. Probably March or so. They won't put it on the floor since its sold. They already have the red model on display, and it was a hard choice deciding between the two. I went with the boxed one, since nobody else will be blipping the throttle, messing with it, etc. Its a busy shop, and I've already seen several people sitting on the Red one. By March, it will probably need the seat replaced. lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow, pretty cool and made me start thinking..could you ask and see if there has ever been any coolant in the engine or radiator? If not that would be great because I like to put Evans waterless coolant in bikes I plan to keep but you have to completely flush the system of any water first. Of course then I have to find a dealer that gets them in the crate but still, no water would be a big plus...Mark

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bike is still in the box, and will stay there till I say build it. Probably March or so. They won't put it on the floor since its sold. They already have the red model on display, and it was a hard choice deciding between the two. I went with the boxed one, since nobody else will be blipping the throttle, messing with it, etc. Its a busy shop, and I've already seen several people sitting on the Red one. By March, it will probably need the seat replaced. lol.
Still a shame passing up the much faster "rapid" red while buying one painted like a rock :) kidding, I wouldn't make it till March lol. Almost had mine a month and not even over 150miles yet. -_-~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts