Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm a long time rider and have owned many bikes spanning many manufacturers (Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, and Moto Guzzi), but have yet to own a Yamaha. I currently have two Moto Guzzis and a Honda Silverwing scooter. One of my favorite bikes was a '99 Speed Triple (955i) and, boy, did a test ride yesterday on an FZ-09 recapture the experience! Amazing clutch, gearbox, and engine power/response and in a much more compact package than the Triumph.

So now I read and learn as I plan my FZ-09 acquisition. One of the Guzzis will have to go but they are generally slow movers unless willing to give them away.

Thanks in advance for all the useful knowledge, tips, and tricks!

Lee

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome. Do your due diligence.

They don't call the Red, "Rapid" Red, for nothing. The factory workers for Yamaha overseas will tell you the Red is the Fastest FZ

Good Luck :cool:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Aloha and welcome. The FZ is an awesome bike, great price point, monster motor and typically great Yamaha build quality and fit and finish of the assembled pieces-thankfully not a parts bin bike like so many of the competitors sub $8000 bikes are. Be aware, though; the TEPID RED models are reported to be significantly slower and heavier than the Liquid Graphite models...lol

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Aloha and welcome. The FZ is an awesome bike, great price point, monster motor and typically great Yamaha build quality and fit and finish of the assembled pieces-thankfully not a parts bin bike like so many of the competitors sub $8000 bikes are. Be aware, though; the RAPID RED models are reported to be significantly FASTER than the (colorless) Liquid Graphite Model...lol
Fixed that for you.

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies! I'm really feeling the Blazing Orange. I like the Liquid Graphite but wish the wheels were a darker blue. Actually, any of the color combos would suite me just fine.

Is it possible to remove the wheel stripping? Anyone done it?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Any "color" is good....they're all a ton of fun.

And from what I hear, the Blazing Orange is almost as fast as the Red; And both out-run the gray one:cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Any "color" is good....they're all a ton of fun.

And from what I hear, the Blazing Orange is almost as fast as the Red; And both out-run the gray one:cool:
Once again, I am gravely disappointed.

lord1a.jpg

Everyone knows the Graphite is the ultimate bike color.

Even Mad Mel was Gravely disappointed when they delivered his Rapid Red (He wanted the Graphite with the Blurple Rims to match his face)

braveheart2.jpg

(I think he sacked a British Triumph factory by mistake with a few 1000 Angry Scotsmen).

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts