Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have told this story else were on the forum. I purchased the FZ-09 on October 31st in Santa Barbara California which is 65 south of my home. My son lives in Santa Barbara and parked the bike in his garage until could get a ride down to drive it home. I got it home last Thursday and took some picture today. The last picture of me on bike was taken by a neighbor at his house. He has a FZ8 and we swapped bike and drove around the neighborhood. The FZ8 has way smoother throttle response but is more cramped the 09 and heaver. The FZ-09 is much better to me.

Downsized.jpg DSC00587 - sized.jpg DSC00594 - iuzed.jpg DSCN0225 - sized.jpg

Reactions: Dzjiepie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice to finally have it at home isn't it? Glad you have all the gear too... better to be prepared. On a side note, can I offer you some flurries... perhaps some extremely cold rain? :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We only get about 15 inches of rain a year. Maybe we could use some. On the other hand, we're in the 70s all this week.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have told this story else were on the forum. I purchased the FZ-09 on October 31st in Santa Barbara California which is 65 south of my home. My son lives in Santa Barbara and parked the bike in his garage until could get a ride down to drive it home. I got it home last Thursday and took some picture today. The last picture of me on bike was taken by a neighbor at his house. He has a FZ8 and we swapped bike and drove around the neighborhood. The FZ8 has way smoother throttle response but is more cramped the 09 and heaver. The FZ-09 is much better to me.

View attachment 781 View attachment 782 View attachment 783 View attachment 784
Howdy almost neighbor. I live in Goleta. Which dealership did you get your bike from?

I have a red one coming in about 2 weeks. I got mine in La Habra.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There are two FZ-09s in Santa Maria and one in Los Osos that are forum members. We can start a central coast club.
Yellosno, where did you get your bike? There's no dealer in SLO.
Hawkerjet, I purchased from Santa Barbara Motorsport in Goleta. My son work across the street from them. I bought the first one they got. I don't know if they received any more. Slim pickens in this area.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
There are two FZ-09s in Santa Maria and one in Los Osos that are forum members. We can start a central coast club.
Yellosno, where did you get your bike? There's no dealer in SLO.
Hawkerjet, I purchased from Santa Barbara Motorsport in Goleta. My son work across the street from them. I bought the first one they got. I don't know if they received any more. Slim pickens in this area.
SBM I have done business with them in the past. I stopped in last week to see if they had an FZ in stock. I was appalled at how the salesman treated me. I would never purchase a bike from them.

I asked him if they had one in stock he told me "We can't get them." I replied that I had seen one on Simi Valley yesterday. He replied "You should have bought it."

I used to sell bikes at a Honda dealership. I would never tell a customer that. What I should have heard was "That is a very popular bike and they are in short supply. Let me make a few calls to see if I can locate one for you. What color were you thinking about?"

Oh well I guess I am old school where salesman would bend over backwards to meet the customer's needs and make him feel appreciated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm 5' 10" and 208 in gear.

SBM's sale team, two people, were not pleasant to work with. The head mechanic is a good guy. My limitation was that I hadn't ridden in twenty years. So, I was reluctant ride the bike home from places like LA or the central valley.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'm 5' 10" and 208 in gear.

SBM's sale team, two people, were not pleasant to work with. The head mechanic is a good guy. My limitation was that I hadn't ridden in twenty years. So, I was reluctant ride the bike home from places like LA or the central valley.
Ine
Agreed. When I had my FZ1 I used to buy tires and parts from them. The service dept and parts guys are fine. They need to get some new sales guys as they are driving business away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts