Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

There was a big group ride down in south florida recently, me and a few other fz-09ers rode together. Wasnt able to get the shifting on point but I did finally hit top speed without the wobble.
This is the vid:

Anybody got over 132 ??? If so, how?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Nice shoes :mad:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Ive not gotten near the 132 limit on this bike, nor have I tried. I feel bad for those of you who live in areas with no twisty back roads or mountains....that's where the fun is in this bike.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Ive not gotten near the 132 limit on this bike, nor have I tried. I feel bad for those of you who live in areas with no twisty back roads or mountains....that's where the fun is in this bike.
Thank you for the empathy lol.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Thank you. Most of us would gladly trade our perpetual sunshine for a full six month winter in exchange for our fair share of twisty back roads. 300+ days of warm sunshine (and no state income tax, lol) ain't what it's cracked up to be when its regarding our beloved bikes:(

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
I was at the 132 limiter at Road Atlanta, a month after I got the bike. I'm 195 lbs without gear, and believe, it wasn't easy for a semi-fat guy to get tucked in as much as possible!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How is the graphite bike so much faster? Modded? I'm not entirely surprised considering I have a graphite FZ but I am curious. :)
Its not faster, I guess rich on the red FZ-09 wasnt gunning it. Both of out bikes are stock. He weighs 150, I weight 120+. All down to rider skills in our case.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
yeah but its 78 F right meow.
It only got up to 61 F here today, but I was able to get out for a run on the DR650SE, roads are to dirty to wake the 09 from it's winter nap.

temp.JPG

But the weather could turn to snow in a blink of a eye, lol.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I was at the 132 limiter at Road Atlanta, a month after I got the bike. I'm 195 lbs without gear, and believe, it wasn't easy for a semi-fat guy to get tucked in as much as possible!
What's the Speed Limit on the Road in Atlanta. I never realized they were so progressive in Georgia.:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts