Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you shoot 1 bike thief, word gets around. But, when all you can do is throw a stick at them....

·
Registered
671 Posts
I saw this on face book this weekend, I know what I would be doing when I catch them if that was my bike. I would be looking back in time on the video footage as they would have been there before.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sons of anarchy hoodie. Really? So cliché...
LOL, yeah, but it's a good disguise since it's completely not unique.

I'm afraid if I ever caught somebody stealing my bike, or anything from my house for that matter, I'd be spending my life in prison from manslaughter. This is one point of the justice system where I envy the USA. What's mine is mine, your rights are gone once you're on my property uninvited.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would like to point out some facts..

the plate you see is stolen plates
2: the bike was not insured, wtf. who owns a 13k bike and cant afford 400 a year for insurance.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Comprehensive insurance is cheap.

·
Registered
411 Posts
man, I would be distraught if that was my bike on that video. not only that it was stolen, but to see the way they just threw it into the back of the trailer!! I really hope someone finds those dirtbags! ;(

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm afraid if I ever caught somebody stealing my bike, or anything from my house for that matter, I'd be spending my life in prison from manslaughter. This is one point of the justice system where I envy the USA. What's mine is mine, your rights are gone once you're on my property uninvited.
It depends in what state you live in, here in NY I can't go out with my shotgun and confront someone trying to steal my bike or tools from my garage. I would go to prison if I shot the thief. I have to call the police and let them handle it. That's because I don't have a Conceal Carry Permit, if I did, well the story could be different. I could honestly be going out for a ride and catch the thief in the act and being corner could cause him to attack me and the rest would be history.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It depends in what state you live in, here in NY I can't go out with my shotgun and confront someone trying to steal my bike or tools from my garage. I would go to prison if I shot the thief. I have to call the police and let them handle it. That's because I don't have a Conceal Carry Permit, if I did, well the story could be different. I could honestly be going out for a ride and catch the thief in the act and being corner could cause him to attack me and the rest would be history.
shotgun = no ballistic evidence lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
I live in the good ol USA in the south, i can just shoot. lol. Btw, I'm impressed that they lifted it so easy. I caught hell unloading mine.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Australia ranks in the top 3 countries of the strictest gun control on the planet. In America, using deadly force in defense of property can land you in hot water.

Reactions: Brvt1000

·
Registered
239 Posts
Australia ranks in the top 3 countries of the strictest gun control on the planet. In America, using deadly force in defense of property can land you in hot water.
Some states vehicles are considered an extension of your home, those same states have what is known as a castle law which basically means anyone who trespasses and the owner feels threatened by their presence can shoot. Don't have to prove they had a weapon, or that your life was in immediate danger. They were not invited into your home and thus are considered to have malicious intent. It varies greatly from state to state, especially states with duty to retreat laws.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts