Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my red FZ . . . It is definitely not for the "Real World"
However, it is for the "Wow World"

This forum is great . . . Eliminated my throttle free-play . . . Now it has very smooth throttle response.
Not sure why mfg throttle settings have so much throttle free-play anywho?

My suspension feels plenty stiff for me . . . since I do not plan to take it to a track etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What did you do to fix the throttle issue?
Under the display there is a boot covering the free-play adjustment. Pull back the boot and back out the adjustment to reduce free-play. Yes, double check full steering range while idling.

My project today was adapting my V-Strom shield (using the H-bracket holder) and S-brackets.

Looks similar to the MRA Touring shield. Too icy to test today. I will get the MRA when it is available.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Can you elaborate a bit more on the free play adjustment?? do you have a pic of the boot area?

Nice screen and nicer Dakar sticker.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow your throttle cable about 6" to a plastic cover. Slide the cover to expose the adjustment screw . . . Then make your adjustment. If it gets looser . . . You went the wrong direction.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I notice the front seat rubber grommet is only 1/8" thick . . . There is 1/4" play in the front. I added 3/8" rubber grommets to raise the front of the seat a bit and eliminate the play. I had the grommets from a rear rack.

The seat does slope forward. It looks like there is enough cover material to unstaple the front and add padding between the seat pan and the seat foam . . . to flatten the seat out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Under the display there is a boot covering the free-play adjustment. Pull back the boot and back out the adjustment to reduce free-play. Yes, double check full steering range while idling.

My project today was adapting my V-Strom shield (using the H-bracket holder) and S-brackets.

Looks similar to the MRA Touring shield. Too icy to test today. I will get the MRA when it is available.

Looks like the weather got you pretty good, wonder what effects you will have with that screen. I think what is crazy is that it doesn't look completely out of place. Big screen could be nice to have around.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I should be able to try it out tomorrow. My 950SM tank bag fits it well to. I tried this windshield on my CB500X (5" wider than the Honda Touring shield) which made a big difference blocking the cold air. No buffeting at all. Very similar seating positions . . .

Same shield . . . Worked great.

My FZ is replacing two bikes. The 950SM put my hands to sleep . . . the CB5X was very smooth . . . I missed the power. The FZ is smooth and powerful. I have a '11 Wee for Adventure trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts