Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to where all the first 100 FZ-09's landed..If yours is beyond 100, start a thread... 200-300.. 300-400 etc.

Here is mine, #60. Landed in Simi Valley, Lives in San Fernando Valley, SoCal.

photo.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Mine is #143 and landed in Crossville, TN which is in the middle between Nashville and Knoxville.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Would that be the 143th production 09 or the 143th for the USA market etc? I wonder if that indicates there was only something like 200 in the fist shipment to the States. And when is the next shipment! Seems like it is due.
I don't know the answer to that question.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would that be the 143th production 09 or the 143th for the USA market etc? I wonder if that indicates there was only something like 200 in the fist shipment to the States. And when is the next shipment! Seems like it is due.
It took me a while to find my FZ-09, I had to call dealerships all around the area in different cities to find it. In the process I was informed that Yamaha did not expect so much demand for this model, so initially they only produced limited amounts to test the market. Because of the strong demand they gave dealers the option to pick up 1-3 bikes or wait for the next batch that will come in a larger volume. So the next shipment is on its way.. how the initial shipment was distributed is a mystery that hopefully this thread can answer. Maybe some fellow enthusiasts around the world can chime in and contribute to this list.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To better answer your question, from what I understand the way Vin#'s work is that the numbers represent the global production.

According to this link, there is no component in a VIN that determines what market the vehicle was built for or distributed for. However, in the case of cars and motorcycles you can sometimes determine the market based on the 'special' options available to that market. Such as an Engine that was only made available to the U.S. for special emissions restrictions.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to the OP, forget splitting up the threads, post one thread with one long list of owners. You can keep adding folks to the first post and keep a running log as people check in, and get it stickied.
You might be a motorcycle noob, but I know I'm a forum noob. Should I edit the initial thread somehow? Please instruct.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I work at a Yamaha dealership; the first 2 letters in the vin tell you what country it was made for. (true for all manufacturers) Not sure if the last numbers represent total production or the specific number for each country.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work at a Yamaha dealership; the first 2 letters in the vin tell you what country it was made for. (true for all manufacturers) Not sure if the last numbers represent total production or the specific number for each country.
Thats interesting, I always thought the first two indicated what country the vehicle was manufactured in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
#199 Liquid Graphite, bought from Adventure Motorsports-Monroe Washington.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You can edit any of your posts with the "Edit Post" icon at the bottom of your post next to the Reply and Replay With Quote buttons. You'll enter a standard editor, and you can make whatever changes you wish. You can copy people's names and write their number. Or, better yet, write the number, and then write their name, inserting in numerical order as people post in here. If you're willing to do this long-term, it would be really cool to see people check in their bikes. You should also be able to change the name of the entire thread when you edit the first post. You can name it whatever you think is appropriate.

Does that help?

(I've been a forum user for many years, and have run one on my own for 4.5 years now, so I'm happy to help out where I can.)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Its not that bad. Most drivers are nice and move for you but there are the occasional douchbags that try and block you. Cant beat the 20 min drive to the beach though

1 - 20 of 54 Posts