Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to a dyno session wed morning at tupelo performace cycles...He said he would do a couple runs to see if a new map was even needed and if it is will build one from 0-100% throttle.....I have the pcv and ti akra will db killer in, interested to see what the results are and see how close the guys at Dynojet got it...This will be my first time doing this is there anything i need to be aware of?? I will post results once i get back home...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sounds like you will be getting new fueling map for your PCV. Should give you a little increase in power with the exhaust you have. Just don't expect increase of 10-20% with a PCV map.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you don't flash the ECU there's a lot to be missed. You need to flash to remove the speed limiter or to increase the redline. There's so much more you can do with the ECU than a PCV I wouldn't bother to spend my money on one.
I've probably purchased almost half a dozen Power Commanders in my time but not for this bike.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well you guys talked me into it.....took off the pcv and my brains are in vcyclenuts hands.....getting a carbon akra map loaded on it for the ti akra im sure it will be fine if not ill get a carbon akra.....yeah I roll like that....lol.....I will post my review as soon as I get it running again.....hopefully next week if weather permits.....here in Tenn it maybe 85 one day and snow the next.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My ecu is already on its way back to me....I took off a few days next week and once installed and if its running good with the map i chose i will get it dynoed to see what its putting to the ground....

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
My ecu is already on its way back to me....I took off a few days next week and once installed and if its running good with the map i chose i will get it dynoed to see what its putting to the ground....
you will have it tomorrow, if the post office is true to their word

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was thinking/hoping Monday but damn tomorrow is better.....took off Monday so that will give me sun-wed off in some pristine weather conditions....

·
Registered
406 Posts
I can't wait to get my ECU back. You know how hard it is to put a new exhaust on and not even be able to start the bike to hear it? :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts