Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a local bike that was generously donated so we can do some modifications to it, get some measurements for other mods and look for items we can create that owners would like to have for the bike.

To start off we did our "blackout" cluster mod to this cluster. This reverses the look of the cluster so only the numbers light up instead of the whole cluster.
Here is a before which I am sure you all have seen and some afters. More pictures to follow as we complete more.

IMG_8662[1].jpg
IMG_8955[1].jpg
IMG_8958[1].jpg
IMG_8959[1].jpg

Here is the blue led swap. The blue is darker than it appears. Nice blue!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
looks sweet, how much and what is involved in this mod? do we have to ship the cluster to you?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
looks great. depending on the layout of the led's you might even be able to get different areas of the cluster to show up as different colors - for example, reddish at high rpm's.

is that last photo with the backlight completely off?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Is it possible to make the numbers orange or red? Just letting you know you have more of my business here haha it looks awesome! Will forsure order in the summer!

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks sweet, how much and what is involved in this mod? do we have to ship the cluster to you?
I will work on the pricing for the cluster mod and make it available when the bike is finished. Yes we need your cluster to do this.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks great. depending on the layout of the led's you might even be able to get different areas of the cluster to show up as different colors - for example, reddish at high rpm's.

is that last photo with the backlight completely off?
The way the led's are laid out it's an all or none swap, can't get the rpm to be a different color from the rest of the cluster. The signal,neutral "top led's can be changed to their own. Last picture is on overcast day here in FL.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it possible to make the numbers orange or red? Just letting you know you have more of my business here haha it looks awesome! Will for sure order in the summer!
Doing color change today so should have pictures to show. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
tripage, which color leds make the instruments easier to read in bright daylight and with my dark shades. :cool:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Unfortunately, yes.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unfortunately, yes.
I think the blackout mod is the best for the brightest days but if you have polarized lens some lens the screen isn't that clear. I would say red and green are the most easily readable.
Red and blackout and green and blackout are my favorites.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts