Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody

Yesterday I sold my old bike and I'm going to buy an FZ-09 , it is a fact .
I have been waiting for the last couple of months to see if the dealers here in CA start getting their prices right .:)

A month a go I was quoted $10500 OTD which I think is ridiculous .

The idea being this thread is to check EXCLUSIVELY on people that bought their motorcycles here in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA .

What is a good price here in CA ?
What do you pay OTD for yours and where ?
Do you think prices will get better in the next months or stay the same ?

Thank you guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got mine from a buddy of my roommate from berts megamall. The salesmans name is Miguel Hernandez. Ask for him tell him you are a friend of Darrel and daniel, that you know us through riding haha I got mine for 8900otd with 5.99% interest. :) I shopped every single dealer within 150 miles of my house in upland and that is as cheap as I could get it :)
Good luck brotha!
Let me know if u get it we can ride!

Darrel

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I got mine from a buddy of my roommate from berts megamall. The salesmans name is Miguel Hernandez. Ask for him tell him you are a friend of Darrel and daniel, that you know us through riding haha I got mine for 8900otd with 5.99% interest. :) I shopped every single dealer within 150 miles of my house in upland and that is as cheap as I could get it :)
Good luck brotha!
Let me know if u get it we can ride!

Darrel
The question now is... does Berts have any FZ-09's in stock?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man , he is out for today , left him a voicemail , I will call him again tomorrow .

Thanks
Pazuzu

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Mine was about 10K I didn't have a lot of room for negotiation though. I was trading in my FZ6R with about 1500 of negative equity, so i was talking monthly payments instead of total cost. They cut me a deal with 194/mo with gap it was 189 without gap for 3 years then the payments for the next two years after that is 10% each payment thereafter. Anyways if you walk in with a good down payment, I'm pretty sure you will have an easier time than i did. They also have them on the floor at fun bike center in san diego. Last time i was there they had an orange and a grey and that was yesterday. They are asking around 9 for them. I would make an offer for MSRP + shipping and if they don't take it walk out. If you want i'll walk in and tell them that i got my bike for 8500 out the door and that they are insane for asking that much lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Zloikish .
I'm planning on paying cash , that might help me a little bit I hope .

Cheers

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Thanks for the info Zloikish .
I'm planning on paying cash , that might help me a little bit I hope .

Cheers
Paying cash does not yield a better deal; that is one of the greatest misconceptions that dealers just say yes, no problem. They make money on marking the rate up from their buy rate when they finance a deal.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Mine was about 10K I didn't have a lot of room for negotiation though. I was trading in my FZ6R with about 1500 of negative equity, so i was talking monthly payments instead of total cost. They cut me a deal with 194/mo with gap it was 189 without gap for 3 years then the payments for the next two years after that is 10% each payment thereafter. Anyways if you walk in with a good down payment, I'm pretty sure you will have an easier time than i did. They also have them on the floor at fun bike center in san diego. Last time i was there they had an orange and a grey and that was yesterday. They are asking around 9 for them. I would make an offer for MSRP + shipping and if they don't take it walk out. If you want i'll walk in and tell them that i got my bike for 8500 out the door and that they are insane for asking that much lol.

I may be making a run up there, today, to measure some bikes as fork upgrade candidates and

look at a Grom they called me about on Monday.

Good excuse to put some miles on FZ 09 # 1.

Reactions: zloikish

·
Registered
263 Posts
Paying cash does not yield a better deal; that is one of the greatest misconceptions that dealers just say yes, no problem. They make money on marking the rate up from their buy rate when they finance a deal.
So is it better to negotiate financing and then just pay the bike off in full on the first payment if you have to cash to do it?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It depends on the lender. Some lenders have a lender fee and/or a prepayment penalty. If you pay it off on the first payment you will cause two things to happen. First, the dealership will get charged back for the margin, and secondly, the lender will have spent time on setting up the loan and people will have wasted their time including the finance manager at the dealership.

Just negotiate a sale price on the bike and fees. We are talking about a reasonably priced bike from the factory. I paid sticker because I wanted to help my friend put food on his table as he would do for me.

I am a former Finance Director of a Lexus Dealership, so I may be the last person that would be helpful on beating people out of their ability to make a living.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Got mine for $10k from Malcolm's in Riverside. If you can get it for less in so cal, consider yourself lucky... or a skilled negotiator... or someone with connections! Good luck, and let us know.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Corey got the first and only one in Santa Maria. I had to go to Santa Barbara and paid $10,100 which was the first and only one in Santa Barbara.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts