Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this happened with MY FZ6R too.

Ultilmately I need another battery but when I look at batteries I notice the terminals are swapped from the original I have now.

Now my when looking at battery and terminals on the TOP of the battery the are Pos Neg.

on all the new batteries looking at they are NEG POS .

so Once again I need to see if wires long enough for the swapped terminals or figure something out. WHy is this?? is it some way to ensure you by a actual dealer battery?? or something. Ive looked at 4 places and all the same...anyone else notice this????
Thank you all

·
Registered
167 Posts
OK this happened with MY FZ6R too.

Ultilmately I need another battery but when I look at batteries I notice the terminals are swapped from the original I have now.

Now my when looking at battery and terminals on the TOP of the battery the are Pos Neg.

on all the new batteries looking at they are NEG POS .

so Once again I need to see if wires long enough for the swapped terminals or figure something out. WHy is this?? is it some way to ensure you by a actual dealer battery?? or something. Ive looked at 4 places and all the same...anyone else notice this????
Thank you all
This seems to be the same issue/misconception with the FJ09, turn the battery around 180 degrees then lay the battery on its side so the terminals are up. (y)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I misundersand. I get turning it around 180 but it wont fit in the cavity on its side?? I must not be getting what your describing well.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
318 Posts
really? My battery was in right-side up, not on its side when I purchased my (used) bike. I wondered why it was so dang hard to get the battery in/out and why it seemed like the cables didn't fit quite right....(y). I doubt that the PO ever removed/serviced the battery -seems like maybe some dealer techs are putting them in wrong too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok maybe the battery on this bike not as deep as I thought my old bike battery was taller than the dept by a good couple of inches so would not fit that way..I will have to take it out this weekend and measure it. maybe this one not at tall.

as the battery in the picture does not look that tall so you can swap it sideways.I get it...it will come down to the size of the battery.....maybe I will go out and see was tall it is....and I will take a pick.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait ok just went out here at work and looked at it.....this battery is IN sideways and its more similiar from depth to height at my fz6r battery....I get it now...my current battery in that way ok thanks for the info. it looks as the above diagram show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts