Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
FZ-09 -- 2015
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after reading a few threads in this forum, I can confirm that I was able to extend (Lower) my bike's rear footpegs, my wife rides with me and she told me that it's very uncomfortable because it feels that the pegs are a bit too high, and also the back and legs hurt.

Anyways, I decided to take some pictures and make some annotations, the pegs now are about 3" lower, still this is a work in progress, I'll post in the future if I modify anything.

Parts:
(1) Aluminum bracket to attach brake fluid reservoir. (I made this myself using a flat piece of aluminum, the final dimension was 2 1/2" x 1" x 1/16" (WxHxD)
(2) Left and Right (one of each, new bracket are for FJ 09) I can confirm that they do work on FZ-09 2015 (2PP-2741L-00-00 and 2PP-2742L-00-00) about $62+tax each.
(2) New footpegs with small extension (it comes with 25mm extender) about $53+tax -- FP-RR94-25mm-BK+MPRO-BK

Overall it took me around 30 minutes to install them, including making the small custom aluminum bracket for the brake fluid reservoir.

Here are some pictures:
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Vehicle Bicycle frame

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Bumper Automotive design

Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2,742 Posts
Welcome to the club! Nice informative first post too.

Make sure to post an intro and tell us about yourself and your bike. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts