Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I pass to my Yami dealer to get my PCV, he told me that he will get the FZ-07 in showroom, for today (Saturday 26) and probably next Wednesday, so this morning I went on location to see it. Not my intention to buy it, but just curious to see and love to see new products also.

Here is some pics first.

20140426_110921 (1024x768).jpg 20140426_110930 (768x1024).jpg 20140426_110940 (768x1024).jpg 20140426_111528 (768x1024).jpg

Honestly, the feel of the bike, so much narrow, even compare to our 09. Also the weight, it's weird to see what 11 kg can do, it feel like a bicycle.

The general look really nice.

Bad points: The finish quality.

On the white version, the tubular frame and the rad are plain aluminium, not painted at all, it look a little bit cheap. The exhaust, really prefere the angle of the 09 one.

But honestly, even without trying it, or earing it. Kawasaki need to watch their back because this little beast will kick er-6n ass.

The center console, is easy to read, but seems to give a little bit less info then her big sister.

In brief, that little beast seems to be a perfect bike, if you don't want more power and all you care is a good look and small lighweight bike.

*P.S: I'm still in love with my 09

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wow... I was told we wouldn't see them until June... time to start lurking at the shops (again)... like I did with the 09!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I like the overall design of it. The separate rider and pillion seat looks better than single one on the 09. I really like the design of the 09 tail light, but like the way they integrated the rear light into the undertail-a much cleaner look than the tacked on appearance of the 09 light, but the 09 light looks way cooler imho. I wouldn't want the 07 in place of my 09, but if they can keep the price point around $6000-$6500, they should have a winner. I'd be really surprised if they ignore the US market with this one...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The Canadian MSRP for the 07 is $1700 less than the 09. If they would have been available at the same time, I may be riding an 07 instead... that extra cash would have come in handy!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, yes we are... and our glasses are half full... with beer, or coffee! ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm ready to take off to the great white north (east in my case) and ride back on the 07.

I know Yamaha will probably bring it to the states in October or November. Just in time for snow.

That shop looks pretty nice. We used to have two dealers, and one folded. The remaining one has a pretty small show room. They have it stuffed with 4wheeler, and Rhinos, generators, snowmobiles, etc.

There isn't much room for motorcycles.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's just because of Sid... a Boston jersey would be appropriate too... (go Brad!) :D
Back when I was in college we used to brag. "Our Canadians are better than your Canadians." That is when we won.

I only got see Gretzky play in person one time. He was with the kings and bagged a hattrick. That guy was awesome. I don't put Crosby in his league....at least not yet.

Shit, hockey brings out the criminal in me, and turns me in to an instant hijacker.

hijack.jpg

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We used to be uptight about whether a Canadian team was in the playoffs or not. This year we have only one team (Habs), but we aren't that upset about being left out. There are over 200 Canadian players in the playoffs this season... now if we could only get them on one team!
PS. Hope you are watching the U18 IIHF tournament ... future superstars are a plenty! ;)

#superthreaddrift

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the overall design of it. The separate rider and pillion seat looks better than single one on the 09. I really like the design of the 09 tail light, but like the way they integrated the rear light into the undertail-a much cleaner look than the tacked on appearance of the 09 light, but the 09 light looks way cooler imho. I wouldn't want the 07 in place of my 09, but if they can keep the price point around $6000-$6500, they should have a winner. I'd be really surprised if they ignore the US market with this one...
wish we had two piece seat myself

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First, they will not have the 07 in stock before June, as it was supposedm top.
Second, it is only a Yamaha presentation in dealers. Nobody can ride it, (except the dealers for sure)
Third, I follow the pens not only for Crosby, within all those years, they got a loot a awesome players, I'm sad that my favorite one was traded. (Jordan Staal)

And for sure I prefer my 09, but yes the separate seat look better.
Also, that dealer is really great, family business from the Grandma to the grandson

·
Registered
176 Posts
As a rider coming in from a much smaller displacement bike... i'd say the FZ07 might be perfect for me as it only seems to need better front brake pads atm.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Side by side with the 09 it would have been a hard decision - but I'm glad I've got the 09. If they put out an XTZ-07 I'd trade in my CRF250L though.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The '07 & '09:

As the saying goes; One is a lot of bike for the money, and one is a lot of money for the bike....IMHO:pain10:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I think $7k OTD is a good price for a sub 400lb bike!!
Agreed.

But in sunny So Florida and I'm sure CA the '07 Starts at $6999+++++

7k becomes 8.......lol

It's all relative, and the '07's closest relative is the '09 for 1000 more....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts