Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
This is potentially good news for me. Alaska is right next door. I'm going to check on our state requirements for importing in case Yamaha doesn't get with the program.

And what is cool, is Yamaha is offering pages of accessories already instead of releasing bike without any options as they did with the "09." Too bad it's not until the 2015 models come out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Pretty cool, why the heck wouldn't they bring it to the US?
It's like the Kawasaki ER-6n a bike that's still sold at dealerships in Canada but apparently not in the US, which is weird since the states has 10 times the population of Canada.

·
Registered
473 Posts
FJ09 is coming also. Yamaha is crazy not to bring FZ07 to US. The pictures and specs look like it shares or has some very similar parts to The FZ09. Hey how about a 1200 CC triple monster bike? Triple Tenure? Yamaha has a big triple in their flagship snowmobile.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It's like the Kawasaki ER-6n a bike that's still sold at dealerships in Canada but apparently not in the US, which is weird since the states has 10 times the population of Canada.
It's crazy. Unfortunately the U.S. is stuck on either crotch rockets or cruisers. And I think that's why they don't send much else here. Hopefully the phenomenal FZ-09 sales changes this soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
My wife is seriously looking at the FZ07 if it comes to the U.S. She is currently on an '07 600RR and she is experiencing some elbow and wrist pain, so a more upright riding position is looking better all the time. Guess we'll have to "enjoy" the waiting game for a while, but it looks encouraging that CARB has approved it. :)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My wife is seriously looking at the FZ07 if it comes to the U.S. She is currently on an '07 600RR and she is experiencing some elbow and wrist pain, so a more upright riding position is looking better all the time. Guess we'll have to "enjoy" the waiting game for a while, but it looks encouraging that CARB has approved it. :)
Thats quite a downgrade in terms of power tho. I'd say the fz-09 is more "on par" with a 600rr, wouldn't you?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Thats quite a downgrade in terms of power tho. I'd say the fz-09 is more "on par" with a 600rr, wouldn't you?
Power wise, yes, the 600RR with an Arata exhaust and PCIII is in the neighborhood of 110HP. She really loves the 600RR, but the riding position is really starting to take it's toll on her elbow and wrist. She is going to be 62 years old this year and I'm just a very lucky man that she rides as much as she does and coaches with me at STT events.

The area that we live in (E. TN.) is a lot of mountain roads and so the FZ07 with it's reported low and mid range torque (50 ft. lbs) should be an ideal bike for her for the type of riding that we do on the street. Plus the lower seat height and less weight will certainly be an advantage.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Awesome. I hope to get my wife one as well. That is a lot of torque for the size of the bike!

Reactions: triplethreat
1 - 20 of 20 Posts