Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
uh oh - wonder if willowbilly got wind of this - he's going to be a happy camper.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
read that as well.

For those that don't know, the CARB certification testing is model specific and 10 years ago cost about $50k per model so Yamaha just spent $150k as they certified 3 different models on the FZ07 even though the only difference is color, they are still different model numbers and have to be certified separately. Politics and bureaucracy!

Good thing though that since Yamaha committed $150k to the endeavor, it is very likely they will be bringing the FZ07 to California and the US in general.

Reactions: ktk_ace and v2Bob

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Missed that one.:eek:
It's OK, I miss a lot of stuff it seems. This news is great, as my wife is considering selling her 600RR street bike and getting the new FZ07 when it comes out. She even like the Red one that they are getting in Canada, eh! She getting pretty excited after I showed her the news about the CARB certification and maybe now there is actually a much higher chance that it will be in the U.S.A........hopefully by the end of summer.

Reactions: ktk_ace

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I keep hearing it's coming to the States. I'm ready to buy one right now.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
My wife would buy one TODAY if they were available and then sell her 600RR.

·
Registered
663 Posts
uh oh - wonder if willowbilly got wind of this - he's going to be a happy camper.
I've been getting some off the radar tips the past few weeks. I'm ready to pounce.

Close. Been out of town at my cabin most the summer. I bet they get it here in time for winter.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been getting some off the radar tips the past few weeks. I'm ready to pounce.

Close. Been out of town at my cabin most the summer. I bet they get it here in time for winter.
He lives.

Probably so. Hopefully June they will officially announce it and Sept. release.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really like the dark armour in the UK. I suppose it will be the same as Canada. Either the red or the white.
Whatever colour you boys and girls order, make sure you get down to dealers asap and get your name at top of list. Because the uk/europe mt07 forum seems
to be saying if you order now you'll probably get it when it's time to get your snow shovels at the ready!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts