Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from **** at the Roseville Yamaha dealer, asked if I wanted to come see their new graphite -07. He wasn't even aware he was getting one so was surprised, he doesn't have any -09 in stock so it's a bit of a ways for me to go just to see the one as I'd like to see both side by side. That and when I couldn't find an FZ-09 to buy I went out and bought a Jeep Rubicon instead so my bike money has been re-allocated for now. I'll wait for the 2015 -09's to come out and then see how I feel about the -07 vs.-09. Price on his graphite -07 was $6999 MSRP...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got a call from **** at the Roseville Yamaha dealer, asked if I wanted to come see their new graphite -07. He wasn't even aware he was getting one so was surprised, he doesn't have any -09 in stock so it's a bit of a ways for me to go just to see the one as I'd like to see both side by side. That and when I couldn't find an FZ-09 to buy I went out and bought a Jeep Rubicon instead so my bike money has been re-allocated for now. I'll wait for the 2015 -09's to come out and then see how I feel about the -07 vs.-09. Price on his graphite -07 was $6999 MSRP...
last week yuba city yamaha had a red 09. Maybe they an 07 to.

·
Registered
877 Posts
What was the Out The Door Price ?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
What was the Out The Door Price ?
hey guys -- new to the forum. I just picked up my liquid graphite FZ-09 today at K&B Motorsport. They do have a red one on the floor as well.

OTD price was $9318

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys -- new to the forum. I just picked up my liquid graphite FZ-09 today at K&B Motorsport. They do have a red one on the floor as well.

OTD price was $9318
Congratulations, graphite would have been my first choice also. You've found a good forum for an FZ-09 owner, lots of good info and guys on here...Mark

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sorry, I didn't ask but since no one was willing to deal on the -09's I just figured the -07 wouldn't be any different, at least up in this area...Mark
While there is some of the new bike hysteria, the gouging hasn't started out near as bad as it was with the FZ 09.

One LA dealer apparently hadn't got the bulletin and wanted $ 10,500 OTD.

A San Diego dealer that is notorious for gouging was at $ 8500 OTD, but turned down my $ 8000 in hand.

Have a few other SD dealers that I made the same offer so I'll see who blinks 1st.

One dealer I was at 1 hour before closing for the weekend had one with no bites.

Was close to taking my money.

My " somewhat modified " FZ 09 was parked next to it , in front of the dealership.

I had talked to a guy that was on the fence on the FZ 09 and now may be a buyer.

This dealer and others expect more in the coming week or 2 and would be easier to deal with by then.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like all things, this too will change. I forsee the day when they will be discounting last years model to make room for next years, but who wants to wait that long? An Adventure version of the FZ-07 would be very, very interesting if they could keep the wt. down. I'm talking for one up riding, for two up the triple would be preferred I think.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I email my salesman today. They don't have any in stock but he will let me know when they're expecting one. Contemplating trading in the old 6R for a 07. Would be much easier on my wife to muscle a bike 80 lbs less and a more user friendly mid range for riding around. I could even throw some hard luggage and make it a long weekend ride. Peak HP is about the same as my 6R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts