Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some advise from DNFDOUG and go one of these to distribute power to my accessories. The install went pretty well, and I am happy with it. Its not the best looking job ever, but its functioning properly.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm wanting to mount one to add a Stebel horn, a cell phone charger, and eventually some driving lights. I'm curious why you didn't mount it in the tray in front of the battery?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm wanting to mount one to add a Stebel horn, a cell phone charger, and eventually some driving lights. I'm curious why you didn't mount it in the tray in front of the battery?
I liked the deeper tray in front of the battery for my tool pouch and papers. The smaller tray offered less wasted space and easier access. That way I can replace fuses with out removing the tank to get to it. Also because of the ease of install in that location.

I plan on doing one of these as well to power the cell phone (as GPS), radar detector, heated oxford grips, and that new hi-vis wheel lighting system.

Where did you purchase the fuzeblock?
Fuzeblocks.com is where I got it from.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I put mine in the front tray where ABS would go. I wired in a Tapp Lite USB (switched) and 2 SAE connectors (switched for tankbag, unswitched for my Battery Tender.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another fuse lock supplier highly popular with the long distance touring crowd is Eastern Beaver. Great stuff at a great price.

Main
'

Any experience with their products? Fuze blocks were just the first I had heard of these type of products so that where I went. I would be curious of the pros and cons of the two.

·
Registered
570 Posts
'

Any experience with their products? Fuze blocks were just the first I had heard of these type of products so that where I went. I would be curious of the pros and cons of the two.
Eastern Beaver has an excellent reputation, lots of Hawk GT owners have bought their upgraded headlight wiring harness to improve brightness of the stock headlight.

·
Registered
670 Posts
'

I have their three circuit - one fuse unswitched fuse panel wiring kit on my FJR. Lightweight, high quality, works as advertised.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have their three circuit - one fuse unswitched fuse panel wiring kit on my FJR. Lightweight, high quality, works as advertised.
Sounds like a good reliable product. any comments on ease of use? any features or differentiations?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Why do you keep your tool pouch in the front tray? You know about the undersea strap right?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sounds like a good reliable product. any comments on ease of use? any features or differentiations?
The instructions are clear and concise. It connects to your battery and you need one input to switch the relay (headlight for example). There are three cable outputs with three connectors. Simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took some advise from DNFDOUG and go one of these to distribute power to my accessories. The install went pretty well, and I am happy with it. Its not the best looking job ever, but its functioning properly.

The switched power source you used was from the light on the number plate?

Was having a poke around today and found a couple of switched power sources but not 12v ones, something like this would be so much neater that what I could do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry been MIA for a while. I just have a collection or wire from radio shack so I did my own.

For those that installed the Fuzeblock, did you get the accessory wiring kit, or do your own wiring?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I got the accessory wire kit, but I had all of the stuff from car installations and could have easily done it myself. Black wire, red wire, and prefer blue for switched with ring terminals and one scotch lock will do the trick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts