Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just a quick post to introduce myself. The misses and I were at our local dealer recently and we were introduced to the new FZ09. We have decided to sell out current bikes, my 09 Kawasaki Concours and her 12 10R and get a pair of FZ09's. We are both partial to the grey/blue, but I also like the orange. So..for right now..I am shopping for dealer somewhere in the southeast that will make us a killer deal on two bikes. I checked with a local dealer in St. Pete this past weekend, but there were asking $7999 plus another $1k in fees before adding the tax. I am not sure how they stay in business. I understand that everyone needs to make a living, but come on now.

I have already been looking at exhaust options (I like the M4), and the integrated tail light/brake/signal from Folcik looks impressive. Also looking at Soupy lowering links for Nancy's bike. Still have not decided on the fender eliminator yet, but that factory monstrosity has got to to.

Anywho...looking forward to this forum.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome Shannon. In the fall I just paid MSRP + taxes for mine, and seems you should get a volume deal lol.

How tall is Nancy?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nancy is 5'5" 120 lbs. She tip-toed while visiting the dealer this past weekend. She was wearing her tennis shoes and not her normal riding boots, so I am hoping that we do not have to lower the bike. But for confidence sake, she likes to be a little more flat footed. An afternoon thunderstorm wind in this area can easily blow her around when on her toes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Try Citrus Cycle in Lecanto, They had one grey, and one orange one, the last time I visited, a few weeks ago.

Also try Central Florida Motorsports.......Charlie.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rayminator. I sent an email to both. I am ready to purchase as soon as I find the right deal. Thanks for your help....Once we get our bikes, we will have to meet up at Hess and ride some in your neck of the woods. Maybe head up to Sleepy Hollow for a $5 steak lunch.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I believe there are riders a couple inches or so shorter than Nancy doing ok on the 09, look for Eva here.

I'd suggest that instead of using a lowering kit right away adjust the suspension for slightly more than the typical sag, give it a try.

Ask Stoltec Moto about suspension, he's the forum's resident guy for it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks Rayminator. I sent an email to both. I am ready to purchase as soon as I find the right deal. Thanks for your help....Once we get our bikes, we will have to meet up at Hess and ride some in your neck of the woods. Maybe head up to Sleepy Hollow for a $5 steak lunch.
I stopped by Citrus today, to show them my Ermax flyscreen. I asked the sales guy if they got any phone calls, and he said yes..Shannon.

They now have all three colors on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stopped by Citrus today, to show them my Ermax flyscreen. I asked the sales guy if they got any phone calls, and he said yes..Shannon.

They now have all three colors on the showroom floor.
I got a call from salesman Bob at Citrus. He was a nice guy and I gave him all my info and what I was looking for. I asked him to email me a quote as I was talking to multiple dealers while looking for the best deal. About an hour later, I got a call from someone who said he was the sales manager. He continued to tell me that no one would beat his deal, although since I was not standing in his store right now, that he was not going to email me a quote. He told me that he would do $7999 +$299 dealer fee +tax +$150 tag transfer each for an orange and grey units. To make a long story short, I was able to beat his deal by going to Cycle Springs in Clearwater. I worked the deal with Peggy, who I have bought from in the past. I thought the sales guy at Citrus was a jerk. At least he came of that way to me. He was unwilling to email me any quote information. If he had a better attitude, we might could have negotiated for a deal. Its a shame to let the sell of two bikes get away because you are unwilling to work with your potential customers.

Anyway, time to get off of my soap box. I am happy to say that I bought two Grey/Burple units yesterday...one for me and one for Nancy. They are being shipped here from a dealer in NC. Got a great deal! Going to be spending some time today ordering Exhaust, frame/case sliders, and some other goodies.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You might hold off on the aftermarket exhaust until you have had the bike a while. I would opt to spend the money on more practical items such as a new seat, windshield of sorts and a new ECU reflash sold through Stoltec. The stock exhaust is fine with the bike and if you get an aftermarket one, it will be louder only and you may lose some back-pressure at the low end. You won't gain any meaningful power benefits unless you get a Power Commander and have a custom tuning job done on the FZ9.

·
Registered
885 Posts
We have decided to sell out current bikes, my 09 Kawasaki Concours and her 12 10R and get a pair of FZ09's.
Now that's an awesome plan! Looking forward to reading about your purchase and riding impression when it happens!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got a call from salesman Bob at Citrus. He was a nice guy and I gave him all my info and what I was looking for. I asked him to email me a quote as I was talking to multiple dealers while looking for the best deal. About an hour later, I got a call from someone who said he was the sales manager. He continued to tell me that no one would beat his deal, although since I was not standing in his store right now, that he was not going to email me a quote. He told me that he would do $7999 +$299 dealer fee +tax +$150 tag transfer each for an orange and grey units. To make a long story short, I was able to beat his deal by going to Cycle Springs in Clearwater. I worked the deal with Peggy, who I have bought from in the past. I thought the sales guy at Citrus was a jerk. At least he came of that way to me. He was unwilling to email me any quote information. If he had a better attitude, we might could have negotiated for a deal. Its a shame to let the sell of two bikes get away because you are unwilling to work with your potential customers.

Anyway, time to get off of my soap box. I am happy to say that I bought two Grey/Burple units yesterday...one for me and one for Nancy. They are being shipped here from a dealer in NC. Got a great deal! Going to be spending some time today ordering Exhaust, frame/case sliders, and some other goodies.
Sounds like you made the right move...........I did not purchase my bike from them either!

Their "deals", must be why they have 3 bikes in stock.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Case covers and sliders are a great idea. You will love the bikes. I too would not be in a great hurry to replace the exhausts. Other than the big ugly cat, the exhaust is pretty good. But heh, whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I believe there are riders a couple inches or so shorter than Nancy doing ok on the 09, look for Eva here.

I'd suggest that instead of using a lowering kit right away adjust the suspension for slightly more than the typical sag, give it a try.

Ask Stoltec Moto about suspension, he's the forum's resident guy for it.
I am about 5"6" and I am fine on the bike with shoes with boots it is even better I am just hoping that changing the rear shock doesn't make the bike much taller :) I want better suspension not softer

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am about 5"6" and I am fine on the bike with shoes with boots it is even better I am just hoping that changing the rear shock doesn't make the bike much taller :) I want better suspension not softer
You will not need to change the rear shock, make adjustments to the stock suspension. It will be fine as is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts