Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone cracked open their fuse panel? I am not near my bike and wanted to pick up some spare fuses for a road trip and needed to know what type of fuses the bike takes. I know that I need 15, 10, 7.5, 2 amp fuses but not sure what type. ATO or Mini?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob, you are the best. From the blade type, I would say it is a mini. You saved me a trip.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I forget about in the '70s, must have some bike fuses blow back then, enduros, mods etc.

The only time I remember a blown fuse on a modern bike was my track SV650, way stripped down, even took off the ignition key lock. One day on the track at speed out of the blue the power instantly quit, fortunately I was close to a track exit to coast into. Replaced the fuse, everything was fine, never did it again, no idea why it went.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I have re-wired all of my flashers, running lights, and a Fuzeblock, and I am taking precautions if I run into rain. I also have two SAE connectors to a Fuzeblock, as well as a TAPP Lite USB (Garmin GPS). Oh, I also run a SAE to my tankbag from the AUX. You get the picture. I am a rolling power station. I blew a fuse to a headlight in a massive thunderstorm on my way to Road Atlanta one time, which was not cool. To this day, I have no idea how it happened, maybe electricity in the air and water.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
just checked today, the 50a main fuse is not a mini or ato, it's a pal female which looks like this:

NAPA AUTO PARTS

the 10a fuel injection fuse under the white cap of the starter relay is an ato. comes with a spare right there.

all of the other fuses are minis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts