Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this article today and was curious what everyone thinks. Would you pick up a supersport or retro 09?

Edit: Try this Link

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,818 Posts
This kind of thing has been rumored since the start, so I’m skeptical, but I think it would be a great idea. The era of production “race bikes with lights” is coming to an end. Turns out, riding pure sport bikes on a daily basis kinda sucks!

People still like the performance and aerodynamics of a sport bike, however, so the idea of a bike that’s as comfortable commuting to work as it is on the track seems logical to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
People still like the performance and aerodynamics of a sport bike, however, so the idea of a bike that’s as comfortable commuting to work as it is on the track seems logical to me.
This!

For me the 09 is just to naked and I wonder how to get a little more sport and a little less tourer in the Tracer.

If they would have a comfortable „sports“-version of this bike available:

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,818 Posts
I love Oberdan Bezzi’s designs, but nobody ever seems to build any of them, so maybe they’re not feasible. But something like this would be cool...

I’m a huge Eddie Lawson fan, so if this one ever came to be, I couldn’t get to my dealership fast enough! 😁

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
621 Posts
I've never been a fan of bikes with lots of fairings and plastic covers....and I doubt I'll ever buy a bike that I don't like the looks of regardless of how 'good' it is. For me a a motorcycle has to give me the 'damn that is a nice looking bike' feeling every time I approach it in the parking lot, and large expanses of plastic/fiberglass just don't do that for me personally.

·
Registered
337 Posts
One of these days I’m gonna buy that FZ750 front fairing from Airtech and see what I can come up with to make it fit...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Maybe something like early 2000's sportbikes with ergonomics like RF900, CBR 600, ZXR9 would be good.
I still couldn't ride one though, old bones.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Before my 09 I had a FZ6R it was fairinged and awsome....fairing with upride riding positiion

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
375 Posts
With the amount of highway riding I do, a faired bike would probably make more sense. But, I do greatly enjoy the lower insurance on a non-super sport bike. What about just offering the fairings as a factory supplied kit? That'd be a great way to split the two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts