Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles are you guys and girls putting on your fuel trip meter when it comes on before filling up?

·
Registered
365 Posts
How many miles are you guys and girls putting on your fuel trip meter when it comes on before filling up?
Ive gone 20 miles once f trip comes on and blinks I park in my garage and it is completely out of gas. Wont start after that. I have done this twice

·
Registered
438 Posts
I thought id get more out of a tank full than ive been getting so far. i have just under 200 miles on the bike and am on my 3rd tank. Most of it has been hwy riding too. Im hoping it gets better as the bike breaks in. Good to know i can go about 20 miles once the f trip kicks in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went for a ride today where I pushed the fuel meter to about 19mi. for a total of 136 on the tank. Was out in the middle of nowhere on a date and got lucky and found a gas station. I was getting worried.

·
Registered
313 Posts
One tank I did an average pace(75-80mph) highway ride and I got up to 118miles before F-trip came on. Most of the time though I get about 110 before I hit f-trip and I fill up within 10miles just so I don't have to worry about it. On board display shows me a 44.3mpg average, but I'm not sure how accurate that thing is.

I'm curious to see how much that changes with my new exhaust and stoltec flash, I'm pretty sure I'll lose a few mpg but I'm not particularly worried. If I was chasing fuel economy I would've gotten a different bike...or a diesel golf.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Two days ago, ran out of gas and ended up on the side of the road at 28.8 fuel trip. 0.4 from the gas station. Nice.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I fill it when it's at half a tank.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Half a tank is a little early for me. I do fill up on the last bar though. I think the built in mpg calculator is a bit optimistic. I use Fuelly.com to track milage. You can txt your miles and gallons used to a certain number to update. Makes it easy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wait until my last bar is blinking so I expect I will run out at some point but I am use to my GROM getting over a hundred miles per gallon so I forget that the FZ is not so good for mileage.

·
Registered
646 Posts
On the commuting run I do, I'm filling at 150 miles. The countup is on at usually at 5-15 miles
Getting 47mpg roughly - computer says 52 meh
You know the ECO light goes off at 76MPH!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts