Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did my best to search, but words like "gas" and "cap" are too common for the search field. Anyway, what aftermarket fuel tank caps are there? I have not found any yet. Are there other models that have the same bolt pattern? Is it the same on all Yamaha sport bikes?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
So I did my best to search, but words like "gas" and "cap" are too common for the search field. Anyway, what aftermarket fuel tank caps are there? I have not found any yet. Are there other models that have the same bolt pattern? Is it the same on all Yamaha sport bikes?

Thanks!!!!
Vortex has one that fits the late model R1, R6 and the FZ-09. I have it on all our bikes :cool:

Link to it:

https://www.vortexracing.com/shop/product/126202/1720/110/53/

http://www.surfsidemoto.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/VTXV3GCL.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
This may sound like a stupid question but I've never purchased an after market fuel cap. Do these have some type of key lock mechanism like the stock fuel cap?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Too expensive. Two wheels has a golden cap that ima check out. Doesn't say its for the fz, but its listed for Yamaha. Theirs is 60$.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't get it - what don't you like about the stock gas tank cap?
I damaged mine when I took it out one day :( I ended up getting the one I linked above and REALLY like not having to use a key. Probably one of the first mods I do on future bikes. It looks MUCH better as well!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Im getting one because I keep my disk lock key on the same key ring as my bike key and when I get gas the disk lock key rests on my nice orange tank... cant have that now can we. Now just gotta pick one. Not sure which color or style to pick... my brain hurts from all the decision making ive had to do in the past 2 weeks since I picked up the bike!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Im getting one because I keep my disk lock key on the same key ring as my bike key and when I get gas the disk lock key rests on my nice orange tank... cant have that now can we. Now just gotta pick one. Not sure which color or style to pick... my brain hurts from all the decision making ive had to do in the past 2 weeks since I picked up the bike!
Bicycle innertube is the cure for that. I cut a section out, heat up a nail to burn a hole in it, and cut a slit 2/3 the way up the side. I will probably replace the cap when I get over my paranoia about someone messing with my gas. I hate having to unlock a gas cap and move the key back and forth.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts