Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was doing my spark plugs the other night I noticed the throttle bodies were looking a bit dirty. After 17,000 miles I was impressed with how good the original plugs looked - nice color and gapped at .035". A little bit passed the interval, but the bike has been running flawlessly. I've had good luck in the past running Seafoam in the dirt bike ('06 YZ250f) so I figure running a small amount cant hurt things.

So, my question is: has anyone ran any type of fuel system cleaner through the FZ?

For reference the engine is completely stock with '15 ECU flash. Chevron and Shell 91 octane is the only gas ran through the bike.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I run a tad of Lucas fuel treatment from time to time to clean. If you have a catalytic converter, be careful with additives, because they will eventually eat them up. Also, I run Stabil Marine year round these days.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've been using star tron in my jet skis, go kart and all my bikes and RV with no problems at all. I read about it in one of the mags and it's suppose to be good for the fuel pumps.There seems to be a lot of products out there for this purpose and a lot of big name brands, I would think any of them would be ok. RR. :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use to use Star-Tron, but when I was living down in South Florida and was racing supermotos. The guys I rode with and raced use this stuff called K100 in there road bikes (kinda stupid to use in a race bike cause of the high octane). I did some research and started using it in my street DRZ-440 supermoto and when I tore it down it was really clean and hardly no carbon build up. There is a youtube video on it if you just searc "K100 makes water burn" Ill try and post or attach it. I use it in all my vehicles.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I use a couple of ounces of Chevron injector cleaner after every dozen fill ups or so.

If the bike is going to go unridden more than a week or two I add some stabilizer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use Sea Foam for cleaner and winter treatment. I have used it in all my machines and it works great. My garage is somewhat heated so it never gets to extreme colds but I use Sea Foam around every 600 miles (just a little bit) and all has been well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts