Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Tracer 900 GT. When I turn the ignition on, fuel begins to drip from the fuel overflow pipe and trying to start the motorcycle results in a flood of petrol spraying out of the pipe. I've booked the bike into my local repair shop, but earliest they can look at it is in ten days. Does anybody here have an idea what the issue is?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Your saying the 1/4" rubber breather hose that connects to the underside of the tank and runs down the frame ? If so you would have some type of blockage from the fuel tank to the fuel rail feeding the injectors or bad fuel pressure regulator one or more injectors are bad !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, exactly. Cheers, any idea whether any of the conditions above will be detected by an OBD2 reader?
Your saying the 1/4" rubber breather hose that connects to the underside of the tank and runs down the frame ? If so you would have some type of blockage from the fuel tank to the fuel rail feeding the injectors or bad fuel pressure regulator one or more injectors are bad !

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
It may but I am no expert on what the OBD2 reader can see or if a code would pop up on this . Have you had the tank off or messed with the fuel line ? You may not have the fuel line connector all the way back on the fuel line to the fuel pump on the tank ...

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm with abe57, blockage, or misconnect. Maybe a full tank in a warm garage, try open the gas cap and listen for pressure release. The bike is new enough not to have a true mechanical problem, but it could happen. Good luck.

Ride Sane.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
94 Posts
Never to be heard from again. He found his mistake and is embarassed of what he did.
I hope not - there is no need to be embarrassed, especially on an internet forum where you'll never meet most of the people who read your posts. I know I've made my share of stupid mistakes, anyone who's been wrenching for long has, it happens and by posting you help the next person who makes the same mistake find it that much faster.

I choose to believe he is too busy riding his (now working) motorcycle and just hasn't been back to the forum yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts