Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just picked up my first ever fz09 (not my first bike) I got it for a great price but there is an issue that i cant seem to figure out. The bike primes and cranks but wont start.

things ive done-
New starter
New plugs and coils
New battery
I installed all of these things and the bike is still doing the same thing… i saw a video on youtube about how the seal was old and didnt pressurize the tank properly. Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
40 Posts
So i just picked up my first ever fz09 (not my first bike) I got it for a great price but there is an issue that i cant seem to figure out. The bike primes and cranks but wont start.

things ive done-
New starter
New plugs and coils
New battery
I installed all of these things and the bike is still doing the same thing… i saw a video on youtube about how the seal was old and didnt pressurize the tank properly. Can someone help me out?
I had an issue on my R1 like this and it was the Crankshaft position sensor. If your bike is a 2015 or 2016 that's the same year as my R1 was which could mean it's the exact same sensor just on a new assy because on Yamaha bikes the stator and cos comes as a unit. Check the service manual, but for my R1 the operating range was like 100-200 ohms. Go to the left side of your bike and look for the stator connector... Follow it and unplug it and read across the sensor unplugged and off. Should be low resistance. On my R1 it was 61kohms so no brainer it was that. Good luck if you do find the issue my buddy is having the same problem on his.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had an issue on my R1 like this and it was the Crankshaft position sensor. If your bike is a 2015 or 2016 that's the same year as my R1 was which could mean it's the exact same sensor just on a new assy because on Yamaha bikes the stator and cos comes as a unit. Check the service manual, but for my R1 the operating range was like 100-200 ohms. Go to the left side of your bike and look for the stator connector... Follow it and unplug it and read across the sensor unplugged and off. Should be low resistance. On my R1 it was 61kohms so no brainer it was that. Good luck if you do find the issue my buddy is having the same problem on his.
I just checked and its at factory so that rules that out. Im getting a new seal today will see if that fixes anything

·
Registered
759 Posts
You're throwing the parts cannon at the bike without proper diagnosis. This will get expensive real quick. I'd suggest diagnosing the issue properly and then buy the necessary parts if required. Is the check engine light on? Have you checked for codes in the ECM? The parts you have removed/replaced, have you inspected them for damage, wear and tear or signs of failure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're throwing the parts cannon at the bike without proper diagnosis. This will get expensive real quick. I'd suggest diagnosing the issue properly and then buy the necessary parts if required. Is the check engine light on? Have you checked for codes in the ECM? The parts you have removed/replaced, have you inspected them for damage, wear and tear or signs of failure?
Yea ive gone through all the codes and i just got it to start again tonight fuel pump was beneficial started with less input from throttle and i can hold the throttle open and it will idle enough but as soon as i let the throttle go it just dies all the tps sensor reads properly reasonable values 15/15/16 and they cycle through properly. I do have an error code 60 which i know is the ycc/t i checked the 7.5 fuse everything looks fine cleared the code and it didnt pop up again…. Thats all i got for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts