Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just being curious, how much has the addition of an aftermarket exhaust and fuel management system affected your FZ 09's fuel mileage? I've seen some of dyno numbers posted showing hp gains. Has the additional performance benefits outweighed the greater fuel usage? Would you do this again?

·
Registered
80 Posts
cruising highway, i get ~51mpg now, however I am heavy on the gas usually, and got an overall drop of 2-3mpg.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You'll love hearing the triple's new voice and let it sing a LOT more with your right hand. So yes, mpg will probably drop some :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Surprisingly marginal for me with my pipe, filter and controller.

I went out for a ride with a few other 09er's a month or so ago - for a spirited ride fuel consumption was pretty similar, I probably used half a litre more than their stock bikes over 170kms.

Day to day riding to be honest I cant tell the difference between now and stock fuel consumption wise - its either the same or not much worse.

And yes, I wouldnt hesitate in doing it again, the gains far outweigh the cons!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats what I wanted to hear! I seem to average 44 mpg the way I ride the bike with it stock. If I can add a full system and pc and still be above 40 that'd be well worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts