Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did an FTECU flash on my bike, wondering if installing block off plates will help with exhaust popping? Has anyone done this? 2020 MT09

·
Registered
16 fz09
275 Posts
With most flash's the pair system is eliminated by keeping it closed. I took mine off and plated it just to take the unnecessary parts off the bike. Unplug it and start the bike to see if you get a fault code. If you do it hasn't been eliminated during flash. If no code then you can leave it or plate it.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
43 Posts
Question as i find this interesting, is there any potential harm that can be caused if you do not install block off plates and have the bike flash tuned?....i myself have had a flash tune that i got for my PV3 but i have not installed block off plates....

myself personally enjoy the backfiring of the exhaust as it keeps me just a little bit safer around cars here "noise wise" as we have some very inconsiderate drivers in our island.....

Is there any potential harm that can be done?

Thank OG poster for making a thread like this

also @vcyclenut i know the best option would have been a custom tune say from the likes of yourself or others qualified but where i live we have ZERO bike tuners, so i was stuck with the dynojet PV3 and a whole bunch of cross fingers. have you had any experience dealing or critiquing the tunes from this source?

sorry edit: im on a 2018 MT-09

·
Vendor
1,295 Posts
Question as i find this interesting, is there any potential harm that can be caused if you do not install block off plates and have the bike flash tuned?....i myself have had a flash tune that i got for my PV3 but i have not installed block off plates....

myself personally enjoy the backfiring of the exhaust as it keeps me just a little bit safer around cars here "noise wise" as we have some very inconsiderate drivers in our island.....

Is there any potential harm that can be done?

Thank OG poster for making a thread like this

also @vcyclenut i know the best option would have been a custom tune say from the likes of yourself or others qualified but where i live we have ZERO bike tuners, so i was stuck with the dynojet PV3 and a whole bunch of cross fingers. have you had any experience dealing or critiquing the tunes from this source?

sorry edit: im on a 2018 MT-09

the backfiring is not going to hurt anything besides the packing in the exhaust , every single stock fz09 pops on decel you just cant hear it with the stock exhaust

yes, my mail in flash is a big improvement over what your doing, the pv3 is only as good as the setting loaded into it. There were other options but since you already bought it ....

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
43 Posts
Hi vcycle thanks for the response what would be some options as mail in won't be viable for me seeing I live in the Caribbean, I'm not against seeing what options may be available if it makes such a distinct improvement over the loaded map on the pv3

·
Vendor
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
43 Posts
Thanks, @vcyclenut definitely if I want to dabble more on the tunning in the future I will hit you up and get the kit! cheers on all the positive feedback

1 - 8 of 8 Posts