Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reducing price to $65.

I was going to try modify the bar but decided to stick with my Rizoma bar. Never installed, as-new condition. PM me if you're local and are interested. Thanks!

I'm located in the South Bay, near 85 and Saratoga Ave. by the way.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I got a carmichael protaper, sand blasted it.. Then sent it to powdercoat... I love it, hated all those logos on it though.. I was so close to getting that renthal bar... If i didnt already do what i did i would snag it

You'll definitely sell that fast, i have heard nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
out of curiousity, what are the ends like on the renthal. like do they accept the stock bar ends? are they threaded?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are not threaded, and the left side is knurled which you have to sand or file down a bit if you're using the stock mirror. It is not difficult- just something to be aware of. The ends can be threaded but it takes some effort. I bought a tap on eBay for $10. Look for an M16 x 1.5. . I mounted my Rizoma bars on the bike to hold them so I could crank on the tap as it took some doing. The Renthals are easier as the inside diameter is a bit larger than the Rizoma bar so you don't have to make it wider first. Make sure that the bar is very tight in the clamps as you really need to torque on the tap.

·
Registered
369 Posts
They are not threaded, and the left side is knurled which you have to sand or file down a bit if you're using the stock mirror. It is not difficult- just something to be aware of. The ends can be threaded but it takes some effort. I bought a tap on eBay for $10. Look for an M16 x 1.5. . I mounted my Rizoma bars on the bike to hold them so I could crank on the tap as it took some doing. The Renthals are easier as the inside diameter is a bit larger than the Rizoma bar so you don't have to make it wider first. Make sure that the bar is very tight in the clamps as you really need to torque on the tap.
cool, I was curious sounds just like the ProTapers.. Good luck with the sale, sounds like a good deal!

·
Registered
520 Posts
out of curiousity, what are the ends like on the renthal. like do they accept the stock bar ends? are they threaded?
You can drill out ends with 9/16 bit and then tap it with an M16 tap... You won't find aftermarket bars that are pre tapped brother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts