Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys, placing orders in a hurry while on the road so parts will be there when I get home bites me in the butt every now and then. Two days after ordering the Orange levers, I said to myself "So what happened to keeping everything but the tank black??". I figured I'd wait to see them in person. They're sweet alright, but I wasn't thinking when I ordered them, besides "that would look cool!" and I decided I'm sticking to my guns and will order BLACK levers. I WILL be ordering from MH again. Other option is to trade someone who has black and looking for color.

Brand new adjustable, folding MH levers in Orange - $75 shipped

Next is a pair of CRG blindsight bar end mirrors. Also brand new. One still sealed in package, other removed for examination. Decided I want to go a different route, but again they were already at the house! - $75 shipped for pair/$38 shipped ea *Images would not upload for some reason. I will add tomorrow.*

No matter what you buy, you're saving some cash. I figure this will probably happen with more parts as I become impatient while on the road :rolleyes:

Paypal accepted.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hm, I've had the Blindsight sitting in my cart @ Revzilla.

I have the RhinoMoto bar end adapters, I suppose that's what the CRG mirrors are made for, right?

·
Registered
128 Posts

I have the RhinoMoto bar end adapters, I suppose that's what the CRG mirrors are made for, right?
ridethepiggy,
Yes, these CRG mirrors go pretty well with those bar end adapters.

Strubby,
I've been looking at levers but was not sure how close these particular ones matched the orange on the bike. Can you describe how close they match or maybe post a comparison pic? If they're a close match I'll take them.

Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
Awesome.

I'll take the one that was "tested" so someone else can have the unopened one.

Shoot me a PM with the Paypal stuff and I'll get that paid right away.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The one I opened for inspection, I also tested on my Rhino bar end. Fits perfectly, as the Rhino's were designed for CRG mirrors. A different brand bar end mirror I had in the garage did NOT fit without modification. Pics of mirrors below!

ridethepiggy,
Yes, these CRG mirrors go pretty well with those bar end adapters.

Strubby,
I've been looking at levers but was not sure how close these particular ones matched the orange on the bike. Can you describe how close they match or maybe post a comparison pic? If they're a close match I'll take them.

Thanks
Hey Warrior, I did the best I could to capture the difference, both indirect and direct sunlight. The color is slightly different, not as "bright" as the Blazing Orange, but the biggest difference of course is the metallic in the FZ paint job. My g/f thinks they look great, but I'm going to stick with my original plan!

Paypal is [email protected]. I can get packages out today and tomorrow, will be gone Mon-Fri. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Payment sent via Paypal as a gift, no fees! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! PM me shipping details and I will get that out asap!:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Strubby,
Thanks for the pics and posting so quickly but I'm probably going to stick with a black add-on theme as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warrior, I hear ya, I'm not big on bling for my bikes either.

Ridethepiggy, mirror is in the mail sir! Let me know if you did not get the email confirmation with tracking.

ONE CRG Blindsight mirror and Mad Hornet Orange Folding Adjustable levers still available!

·
Registered
201 Posts

Ridethepiggy, mirror is in the mail sir! Let me know if you did not get the email confirmation with tracking.

ONE CRG Blindsight mirror and Mad Hornet Orange Folding Adjustable levers still available!
I'll take the other mirror. PM sent

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have black MH shorty levers, not folding. I thought they would come with black adjusters or at worst silver. They adjusters are an off-shade or red. I'm not sure I will install them. I do not recall having an option to select the adjuster colour.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll take the other mirror. PM sent
Mirror shipped!

I have black MH shorty levers, not folding. I thought they would come with black adjusters or at worst silver. They adjusters are an off-shade or red. I'm not sure I will install them. I do not recall having an option to select the adjuster colour.
THAT is actually the reason I decided to try orange over the black. If you decide to go a different route, I'll buy them for the right price. Not sure what I'll do about the red adjuster yet either.

CRG mirrors SOLD! MH levers still a available!

·
Registered
835 Posts

I saw the tracking! Expected delivery is today. I'll finally have those stock mirrors gone.

·
Registered
835 Posts
IMG_20140513_045146.jpg IMG_20140513_045203.jpg

The new mirror looks great!

I'm honestly shocked on how well the mirror reflects. I can see more distance with much less vibration.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
View attachment 5331 View attachment 5332

The new mirror looks great!

I'm honestly shocked on how well the mirror reflects. I can see more distance with much less vibration.
Glad you're happy with it! I noticed the quality of the CRG's are much better than the one I had in the garage, so I will prob get CRG again when I decide on style.

Would like the Orange folding levers preferable shorty
The levers I have are folding and adjustable length, from shorty to standard. I just got back to the country and have today and tomorrow to ship items.

MH levers are still for sale boys and girls.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, they are still available (I have been out of town). I will sell for $75 shipped. Pics are on page one, post 1 and 5. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts