Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I traded in my 2014 FZ-09 for a new Honda Rebel 1100 DCT. Before trading I put the rear suspension back to stock height and put a new original kickstand back on. Less than 30 minute task.

When the FZ-09 was new I found seat height was too tall. I purchased a set of Soupy's lowering links (still being sold for 70.00). I found they lowered the bike too much and speed bumps hit the belly of the muffler. I looked at what the stock distance was between the two holes in the links and Soupy's distance. I then made a set of links that split the difference and ended up with just under an inch lower. It help a lot for confidence when stopping when you have to put your feet down.

The kickstand must be shorter when the bike is lowered using links. Soupy also sells a kickstand. I modified a stock kick stand that worked just fine.

My links and my kickstand worked well on the FZ-09 for more than 5 years and 18K+ miles and should work for anyone else that needs the bike to be a little lower. I am 5' 7" and wear 28/29 length pants to give you some idea why I wanted to lower the bike.

Installation is easy if you have a way to unload pressure on the 2 bolts holding the links on so they slide easily after removing the 2 nuts.

A test to see what the change would be like is simply lay a 1by6 piece of wood on each side of your bike and put your feet down. Don't let them slide out from under you.

Price for Soupy's links, my links and the adjustable kickstand is 100.00 New price 60.00
shipped to you. Item is located in Oroville CA

PM if you have any questions.

Wood Hand tool Font Tool Monochrome Bicycle part Flooring Wood Auto part Cylinder Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts