Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to this forum and recently bought a brand new blazing orange fz09 a little over a month ago which currently has about 450 miles or so. I thought I would keep this bike forever but due to a tragic motorcycle accident this morning in which my friend from work was killed in I just don't think I could get on a bike and ride again. Bike is all stock and is in perfect shape. I will try to get some pics up later and will be accepting offers. Bike is located in CT.

-Ryan

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Ryan. Deepest regards to your friends family.

Just a note regarding your sale - you may want to include an asking price....

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Very sorry for your loss and best of luck in your sale

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Sorry about your friend. GLWS. Try craigslist and cycle trader.com. Lots of bright and close up photo's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about that asking 7500$ or best offer and will post pics soon and thank you guys for that appreciate it.

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Sorry about that asking 7500$ or best offer and will post pics soon and thank you guys for that appreciate it.
Sorry to hear about your friend, Ryan.
Condolences to you and his family.

Before you make any rash decisions, take a week or two to think about the situation.

A friend of mine passed away as well while riding... but he died doing what he loved.
It was sad and I took a few weeks off to evaluate things... but in the end I knew that as long as I rode his love for the sport surged through me and he lived on.

In any case, best of luck from a fellow CT-er.

R.I.P Reed

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My condolences on your loss...I lost 2 very close friends about 8 years ago when a truck crossed the center line on a blind curve.....missed me by about 2 feet, and hit them head on.....it was not a pretty scene....my buddy died at the hospital, his girl was dead on site....kept me off the bike for about a month....but inevitably, I started riding again....
The point is, dont make any rash decisions....give it a few weeks...the value wont drop in that amount of time, and you may find you get back on it.

if you really feel you need to sell it now, get some good pictures and post it here and on Craigslist...it should sell fast.

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
349 Posts
If I was you, I would try Craigslist/Cycletrader. Ask more than you are willing to part for it. That is a beautiful bike and should sell quickly because we are in that time of the year. GL with the sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi CT-FZ09

First and foremost sorry for your loss. I've had a few close calls from flying and have seen people around me get hurt/killed. I still agree with the earlier post that you should take some time and reevalute your kneejerk reaction to sell. At first I wanted to stop my flight training but have stuck with it and suggest you do the same with riding motorcycles.

With that said and you are still looking to sell I'm interested in the bike. I've really been looking for a graphite color scheme bike with the blue wheels but would settle for an orange one if the price was right. I currently live in NYC but am moving back to Michigan and have been talking with a few dealers in the mid west.

On cycletrader there are some left over 2014 models (See link below) for less then 7k. The out the door price with tax/prep etc is 7450 for a brand new bike.

2014 Yamaha Fz-09, Westfield IN - 112325341 - Cycletrader.com

With that said would you consider $6000 cash? If so, I'll come take a look

Thanks and RIP to your friend.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lots of us know all too well what you are going thru. Finding the right words to say is never good enough. Time is the ultimate healer. May your friend rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
CT... so sorry for your loss. You're not wanting to ride is very understandable. So much at stake... so much to lose.
My deepest sympathies to you and his family!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts