Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the Y400 cam installed. I rode with it once. Grip is brand new from Yamaha not the one off my bike. It just didn't do what I thought it would based on the reviews I read on here. Put the stocker back on and I'm just going to do the ECU re flash. $60 bucks shipped. Payment by check in the mail the old fashioned way I don't do Pay Pal.

Gun

·
Registered
438 Posts
Has the Y400 cam installed. I rode with it once. Grip is brand new from Yamaha not the one off my bike. It just didn't do what I thought it would based on the reviews I read on here. Put the stocker back on and I'm just going to do the ECU re flash. $60 bucks shipped. Payment by check in the mail the old fashioned way I don't do Pay Pal.

View attachment 8745
I thought Stoltec was the only person with the throttle reflash and everyone else just has fuel map reflashes?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I thought Stoltec was the only person with the throttle reflash and everyone else just has fuel map reflashes?
nope - if you read the "Got ECU, we do" thread - he's passed it on to a guy called Nels (i forget his company) but he's doing it now. Flashtune is also providing an ECU flash but the map is different.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

View attachment 8745
Did you zero the throttle cable slop and throttle position sensor? If not, the g2 throttle won't do much to help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you zero the throttle cable slop and throttle position sensor? If not, the g2 throttle won't do much to help.
yes I got rid of all the slack before I put the first mile on it. I was not aware there is an adjustment for the TPS. Where is it?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
yes I got rid of all the slack before I put the first mile on it. I was not aware there is an adjustment for the TPS. Where is it?
follow the throttle cables to the back/bottom of the injectors where the throttle cables connect to and rotate a pulley. The pulley is mounted on a shaft. The sensor is mounted on the other end of the shaft. It is held in place with 2 6mm bolts (8mm hex head bolts).

·
Registered
584 Posts
when/if you do the throttle body adjustment...? please consider some pics for those of us that need a visual guide.... i got a G2 also and was not super impressed....

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
when/if you do the throttle body adjustment...? please consider some pics for those of us that need a visual guide.... i got a G2 also and was not super impressed....
Not a throttle body adjustment. It is an adjustment in the sensor that measures the amount of throttle twist and feeds that value to the ecu.

There is slop in it because it needs to turn about 10-15% before the ecu registers a difference from zero. That translates to having the twist the throttle some distance from closed before the ecu registers that you have moved the throttle from zero. It is mechanical slop basically the same as having loose throttle cables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts