Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my G.P.R Full exhaust.
The headers are made of Inconel and the can is a "GPE EVO" Poppy (stainless steel carbon look).

The system is in great condition!

Here is what it looks like shipped:

The can:

On the bike:

Stock vs GPR (~9 lb savings):

Stock vs GPR (Db killer removed) Dyno Sheet (4.19 HP gain):

How it sounds with the Db killer removed:

$700 + shipping is the bottom line price.

These go for $1,049 New (Yamaha FZ 09 MT 09 2014 Full Exhaust System GPR Racing GPE EVO Poppy Line | eBay)

Full disclosure: The reason I'm selling this is because I've made some poor financial decisions in the last 6 months.
I'm also slightly bummed about the slight midrange drop. I love everything else about it though (sound, aesthetics, weight, etc.).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
For Somebody that isn't as concerned about absolute performance, this is a great deal! You get weight savings, awesome sound, and good looks for $850. Niner, did you get a custom fuel map for the exhaust?...I bet that would make up any midrange loss

·
Vendor
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For Somebody that isn't as concerned about absolute performance, this is a great deal! You get weight savings, awesome sound, and good looks for $850. Niner, did you get a custom fuel map for the exhaust?...I bet that would make up any midrange loss
Yes, that dyno chart is after the custom fuel map.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
What is the diameter of the outlet, 2" ? Before dropping the ball on your beautiful exhaust... you should try one of my EJK controller. Every exhaust available have pretty much the same design... give and take. It's just a matter of how it look on the outside.

So the bottom line is before blaming the pipe... double check the tune. Email me the map... I will tell you right away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
what is going on with your dyno chart? Its broken up at 9.2k rpms-9.7k rpms. only a 4hp gain? You can fart in the intake and make 4hp. I don't think its been measured right.

·
Vendor
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is going on with your dyno chart? Its broken up at 9.2k rpms-9.7k rpms. only a 4hp gain? You can fart in the intake and make 4hp. I don't think its been measured right.
I appreciate your assessment.
The blip at 9.2-9.7K is interference experienced because the RPM pick up wasn't the best (in close proximity to other electronics).
If you'd like to purchase my GPR exhaust and take it to your local dyno to prove me wrong, I'd be more than okay with that.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
When you remove that big ass toaster and the cat converter...you will get a slight drop in the midrange. No tune will take that out because you went from a restricted exhaust to a full system. Personally I like the sound and I confess a GPR fan anyway. I have a GPR on my Honda. This is a great deal for someone.

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
My farts are good for like 10hp lately

·
Vendor
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump... $820 picked up locally!
Plus if you ride your FZ over, I can install it for you. And then show you some nice CT roads. ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Is there a point to make more power , if you cant hang on to it with a poor suspension? Or can you ride harder with a great suspension?

·
Vendor
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If there is interest in this exhaust I can also throw in the PCV for $315.00 along with the purchase.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts