Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't say what brand name this is a knockoff of, but I'm sure you'll recognize it. I tried it and liked it, but the bike is gone, and the buyer liked a Rizoma bar better.

After taking the photos I realized I had the gauge relocation bracket positioned upside down in them. The holes with the hardware go to the gauge pod, and the empty holes go to the original mounting points with the original hardware. The relocation bracket is needed or the brake fluid reservoir will hit the gauge pod.

Also, if you haven't already done it, you will need to replace the clutch cable with one from an FJ09-not included. Where the oem cable goes past the ignition switch it makes a sharp bend, and if the cable is not replaced with an FJ09 cable it could bind, fray, and break. Not a hard job to replace the cable.

Asking $50 including CONUS shipping. PayPal preferred. Please indicate you are buying something, and PP will have your shipping address
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
. I don't think their fees are unreasonable for the service they offer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I won't say what brand name this is a knockoff of, but I'm sure you'll recognize it. I tried it and liked it, but the bike is gone, and the buyer liked a Rizoma bar better.

After taking the photos I realized I had the gauge relocation bracket positioned upside down in them. The holes with the hardware go to the gauge pod, and the empty holes go to the original mounting points with the original hardware. The relocation bracket is needed or the brake fluid reservoir will hit the gauge pod.

Also, if you haven't already done it, you will need to replace the clutch cable with one from an FJ09-not included. Where the oem cable goes past the ignition switch it makes a sharp bend, and if the cable is not replaced with an FJ09 cable it could bind, fray, and break. Not a hard job to replace the cable.

Asking $50 including CONUS shipping. PayPal preferred. Please indicate you are buying something, and PP will have your shipping address View attachment 160797 View attachment 160798 View attachment 160799 . I don't think their fees are unreasonable for the service they offer.
I purchased a Black “Fat Bar” which IDs as the clamping area to the fork axel at 1 1/8 inch in diameter. Drilled the holes for the two controls and my purchase came to $18! On eBay. Folks there is NO REASON (I did this on my first FZ09) to spend $2-$3,000 dollars upgrading your bike. So far on my 2017 FZ09 (last year with dat name) I’ve spent about $6-$700 dollars tops! You see (this wife) doesn’t like motorcycles so I have to improvise. Example: exhaust. Purchased a carbon fiber eBay slip on tube $50. Went to PEP Boys-and got a 2 inch connection tube $30. Finally got a local welder to tig weld for placement and the install for $50! Now I feel vindicated that instead of the M4 (which I love! I didn’t have to fork out over $400!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts