Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
build date? - great deal - too bad it's too big for me :( I need a new lid next year.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd like to know mfg date as well, as I'm pretty interested. The size is right for me and the price is solid, but that colorway is a few years old iirc.

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where the heck can I find the manufacture date?! I checked the shell and these are the only stickers I found:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Where the heck can I find the manufacture date?! I checked the shell and these are the only stickers I found:

Should be stamped into the d-ring on the chin strap my man

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was/is stored in it's ARAI cloth carrying pouch in my bedrood closet.
It has never been dropped, bumped, or scratched.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It was/is stored in it's ARAI cloth carrying pouch in my bedrood closet.
It has never been dropped, bumped, or scratched.
As it sits, it's basically new old stock, so I'm not particularly concerned about the age. I'm doing all my xmas shopping for my family today, so depending on how my bank account is looking by the end of it all I might be in, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
According to this Arai link, if it has a Snell M2005, it could have been made anywhere from 2005 to 2010.

Arai Wants You to Know

On the following page, under the warranty paragraph, it says:

"The date is offered as a code with the production month followed by the year. For example 01/10 stands for production date January 2010."

But it does not say were these numbers are? maybe take a closer look at the number on the back of the helmet by the DOT symbol???
the Company | Arai Helmet (Europe) B.V. official website

Is there another label on the chin strap?
arai helmet manufacture date?? - Biker.ie Forums

Arai have amended the way in which they record the date of manufacture. The date is still on the chin strap but will be listed as, for example

G 07, The G stands for the year of manufacture so as G is the 7th letter of the alphabet the helmet was manufactured in 2007 and 07 stands for the month of July, the 7th month of the year. Therefore this helmet was manufactured in July 2007.

Another ones says the code is located on the chin strap D-ring.
Tilted Horizons: Arai Helmet Date of Manufacture

Hopefully it is on one of these spots.

Reactions: Niner

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
As it sits, it's basically new old stock, so I'm not particularly concerned about the age.
I know there are people on this forum that would take exception, but your stance is reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't mind people knowing the facts. Especially if it's something as important as a brain protector and benefits the other members.

P. S. The helmet is sold.

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I don't mind people knowing the facts. Especially if it's something as important as a brain protector and benefits the other members.

P. S. The helmet is sold.

Thanks all.
Niner.........asking questions that are relative to the item you have/had for sale is fine, but idle chit chat doesn't need to be in it. I deleted a few posts/comments that were not needed in the thread.......that's what this was all about.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Niner.........asking questions that are relative to the item you have/had for sale is fine, but idle chit chat doesn't need to be in it. I deleted a few posts/comments that were not needed in the thread.......that's what this was all about.
I saw some chit chat, but I didn't think any of it was idle.:cool:

Reactions: Thantos

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Guys, I'm trying to be serious here. Let's do our talking/chit chat/funny stuff in the other threads and keep the for sale, wanted, trade section for what it is suppose to be without cluttering up the poster's items.

Reactions: Niner and Steve101

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yikes, completely forgot! Still available? If so I think I still have your paypal info in my inbox somewhere

1 - 19 of 19 Posts