Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AGV Sport Laguna 1 piece leather suit. It was AGV Sport's top of the line leather suit, was discontinued 2013 just prior to the entire rest of their line to make way for the revised 2014 line. I purchased it on closeout at about 50% off MSRP last summer (MSRP orginally was $1000). I wore it for one single track day and a few street rides. Never been down.

The suit is fully perforated and vents EXTREMELY well. I have ridden in it in 90 degree weather and been fine and cool.

***SIZING WARNING***

SUIT FITS ONE FULL SIZE SMALLER THAN INDICATED WHEN COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE AGV SPORT SUIT LINEUP

I'm selling the suit because I got rid of my supersport for the FZ and the cut of the suit is too aggressive for an upright bike IMO. It would be great for those of you who have replaced your bars with clubmans or also own a supersport, though.

Imperfections: The zipper garage on the bottom of the main zipper is not done using the same degree of high tensile stitching as the rest of the suit and is becoming to come loose from the suit. Additionally, there is a scuff on one of the shoulder sliders that comes from scraping up against the wall of my garage a couple of times.

I'm looking to get $375 + shipping for it ($100 less than what I paid for it which was already 50% off MSRP) which I think is a fair price considering it's only been worn 3-4 times and never been down in.

·
Registered
877 Posts
What is your inseam size ?

Waist size in inches. ?

Height and weight ?

Close up picture of the shin are to see if it will fit inside my boot ?

Some are a problem with a thick shin guard fitting inside my boot.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What is your inseam size ?

Waist size in inches. ?

Height and weight ?

Close up picture of the shin are to see if it will fit inside my boot ?

Some are a problem with a thick shin guard fitting inside my boot.
5'10" 200 lbs even. Waist size in inches is 34", chest size 41". Inseam, I wear a 34x32 pants. I will take that picture when I get home from work, but these fit just fine inside my A* SMX-5 boots. The suit on my frame left enough room for a lower profile back protector, such as a Knox Aegis or Forcefield, but that was about it.

EDIT: Pic of me wearing the suit (if it helps, and don't ask about the towel)

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I'm interested but your maybe a size too big for me.

inseam size 30

Chess 43"

Waist size in inches 33-34

Height and weight 5'8" - 180 lbs

Do you think I can get away with a bit bigger with a back protector? I just started looking at suite but never actually tried one. Nomex race suite I fit 56 or 54, I'll check when I get home.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm interested but your maybe a size too big for me.

inseam size 30

Chess 43"

Waist size in inches 33-34

Height and weight 5'8" - 180 lbs

Do you think I can get away with a bit bigger with a back protector? I just started looking at suite but never actually tried one. Nomex race suite I fit 56 or 54, I'll check when I get home.
Marthy: As I mentioned the suit fits a full size smaller than indicated. I was unaware of this when I bought it, and I was sort of on the limit between that and having to go up another much size. I would be a size 56/46 in their other suits and get a great fit. In this particular suit, though, I should have gone up to a 58. When I first bought it I had a combination chest/back protector which I could not get the suit on over, and I ended up switching that for my low profile BP just so I could get the suit on over it. Even then, it did not fit as well as it did without a BP in at all. At your size, assuming you used a more substantial back protector, or a combination chest/back protector, the suit would probably be a perfect fit.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
OK Zero, now that the suit is sold, what's the story behind the towel? Tell us the truth...or we'll tell everyone that you ride a Vespa scooter with pink flowers on the seat and a peace sign decal on the headlight! :cool:

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK Zero, now that the suit is sold, what's the story behind the towel? Tell us the truth...or we'll tell everyone that you ride a Vespa scooter with pink flowers on the seat and a peace sign decal on the headlight! :cool:
That pic was taken for a "gear pic of the month" contest over at ZX6R.com. Other people in the running took joke pics of things like them looking like they're stripping the gear off of them and other stuff like that, so I threw on the towel because it was the only thing I could think of.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Oh....nothing....if you are into that sort of thing. :sad5:

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
LOL My boss own one, I had to go pick it up one day to ride it to the shop. Not my thing either... :)
Good to know Marthy...........I was afraid that there might be something that you hadn't been telling us on here......and you know, what happens on the fz09.org forum stays on the forum......right?

Reactions: marthy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts