Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale 1 owner 2014 FZ09 liquid graphite grey Production date 4/14 has just passed 5400 miles and done the oil and filter change and it go up cuz I ride it in the weekends.

This bike has been taken care of since day 1 bought it with 0 miles and i love it , but time to move on to something else

This bike out of the door wont be less than $8000 stock this one isn't.

Mods:
1- T-Rex set of sliders Engine covers, Stator cover and Clutch basket cover Rear and front Axles sliders
&Trex spools to lift the bike up on wheel stand.
2-AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST FULL from the headers down to the Carbon fiber Canister that was sold out and had to be preordered. makes this bike sounds insane.
3- RIZOMA hand grips.
4- Driven Bar Ends.
5- RIZOMA Led turn signals Front and Rear.
6- Fender Eliminator Kit.
7-Pazzo shorty levers.
8- Brand new rear tire Q3 with only 130 miles on it.
9- OEM Yamaha windscreen/cowl.

bike was laid down once and the akrapovic can got smashed and i bought a new one.

Oil & filter changed on 600 miles , 3500 miles and 5000 miles. all receipts and records are available
chain lubed every on service i take it to the shop and adjusted.
comes with original receipts for all that's listed above and owners manual and 2 keys and receipts for all the service and parts purchased.

Minor scuff on the left mirror housing from parking next to the wall and the left Pazzo clutch lever.
OEM levers are included in the sale.

Tipped over once on a incline which the sliders took the hit "what they are made for" got scratched.

located in south california San fernando valley 818 470 5088

01e8fca89368b71d49c64f09fe567587051b65d614.jpg 016c98cf0e6a37f4df1aeed559d5e669483b5cb8d2.jpg 01a7be4fb8cb1dded6c6799b7c86828e1cef7bc775.jpg 01c69dd25f9a57a680728f36a7f69c3254b1de001f.jpg 019e9ad9f57e03ac4dbcecd2f9548f17544bba50a5.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Advise from the experts here that sold their bikes or generally in the look for an Fz09, Is my $7000 asking price way too high?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
good time of the year to sell and with the mods - price looks good IMO - put it on craigslist as well - you may get more hits there - i've seen bikes for sale 3-4 weeks before they get sold on here sometimes but there are people interested in buying for sure.

Good luck.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been having it on CL but i haven't got any luck, The reason im selling, I'm looking into buying the S1000R, I test rode that bike last saturday and i was ready to pull the trigger, except that they valued my bike for $4500 in trade in and i thought thats a low ball offer, even when he bumped it to $5500. But that S1000R is amazing, I cant stop thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The price looks pretty good.

One word of advice, I've done this with every bike I've sold, is to put as many of the OEM parts back on the bike. Lower your price a few hundred bucks to look more attractive and sell the aftermarket parts.....you will come out ahead.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I think the price might be a little high for a dropped bike...but that just me. I had better luck using Cycle Trader (than the forum), plus it's free for a short period and you can post four photos. Best of luck..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price looks pretty good.

One word of advice, I've done this with every bike I've sold, is to put as many of the OEM parts back on the bike. Lower your price a few hundred bucks to look more attractive and sell the aftermarket parts.....you will come out ahead.
What would you suggest the price would be with out any of the after market parts,
^^
Op dropping the bike didn't affect the bike in any form or shape, I posted that to be honest not to make my bike faulty or have any thing making it perform less than the way it suppose to.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
bike was laid down once and the akrapovic can got smashed
dropping the bike didn't affect the bike in any form or shape, I posted that to be honest
And that's a good thing...perhaps you may want to explain the "laid down" part more and say what got damaged, repaired, not repaired, etc. Looks like a nice bike.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What would you suggest the price would be with out any of the after market parts,
Depends on what you are satisfied getting.

I would yank everything except the fender eliminator and LED turns (unless they are plug&play). Knock your price to $6800-$6700 and see if you get any interest. The aftermarket parts should easily make you over $500.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And that's a good thing...perhaps you may want to explain the "laid down" part more and say what got damaged, repaired, not repaired, etc. Looks like a nice bike.
Lost control and laid it down going 10-15mph , and I mention what got damages if you read the original post, the carbon fiber canister and I bought a new one paid $550 just for the can, left slider/puck damaged and changed and the left clutch lever as shown in photos.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I've been having it on CL but i haven't got any luck, The reason im selling, I'm looking into buying the S1000R, I test rode that bike last saturday and i was ready to pull the trigger, except that they valued my bike for $4500 in trade in and i thought thats a low ball offer, even when he bumped it to $5500. But that S1000R is amazing, I cant stop thinking about getting one.
not trying to burst your S1000r balloon.. but I've actually ridden one at the track a few years ago and it was amazing.. then I recently rode the 2015 R1 at the track... Holy cow!! I would pick the 2015 R1 over the BMW all day. But that's just me.

$8k FZ-09 is pretty easy choice. But when your spending $10k+ on any bike in a competitive platform, its worth testing out all the options before pulling the trigger.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since some others already chimed in, IMO price is a little high. There is another FZ with almost the exact mileage for $6k with similar mods and the titanium Akrapovic. You probably saw it too. Just giving you something to compare to.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
IMO, price is a little high. There is another FZ with almost the exact mileage for $6k with similar mods and the titanium Akrapovic.
I agree, maybe if it had upgraded suspension he could get what he's asking for.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
not trying to burst your S1000r balloon.. but I've actually ridden one at the track a few years ago and it was amazing.. then I recently rode the 2015 R1 at the track... Holy cow!! I would pick the 2015 R1 over the BMW all day. But that's just me.

$8k FZ-09 is pretty easy choice. But when your spending $10k+ on any bike in a competitive platform, its worth testing out all the options before pulling the trigger.
$8k FZ09...........?????

image.jpg

Mine was bought New at the stealership for $7990 Plus, Plus, Plus, Plus....

Then suspension, taillight, screen, etc., etc., etc...... :(

Could've bought a discounted 2014 R1 and kept it stock LOL :cool:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
$8k FZ09...........?????

View attachment 17135

Mine was bought New at the stealership for $7990 Plus, Plus, Plus, Plus....

Then suspension, taillight, screen, etc., etc., etc...... :(

Could've bought an R1 and kept it stock LOL :cool:
True.. but the fz-09 you can ride it all day.. the only thing it needs is suspension.

Here are some rough figures rounding up... not included taxes etc..

R1 is $16,500k and the bare minimum it needs a fender eliminator, exhaust and flash tune. thats an extra $2k with installation and all the other expenses involved in getting those parts.

New price $18,500k.

FZ-09 is $7990, needs suspension ($2k), Exhaust and mapping ($1k), Tires ($300) misc ($500)

New price est $11,800.00

R1, you will never fully experience it on the street...

FZ-09, you can ride it all day on the street and push it allot further on the track.

So now we have roughly a $7k difference between an everyday bike and high performance bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would consider the new R1 if I don't have problem riding bikes with clip on, that seating position is not comfortable for some one my height 6'7" and with back problems, that's why I got the Fz09 from first place, the sit up right position. So that's what I'm in the market for after selling the 09. May be CB1000r I test rode it before and I liked it but I like the s1000r more. Amy one can shed some light on the CB1000r if the have one or ridden one?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would buy the R1 if I could afford it. Sure I'd never experience its full glory on the street, but thats what track days are for.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would buy the R1 if I could afford it. Sure I'd never experience its full glory on the street, but thats what track days are for.
Would you still buy it over the S1000RR. And when you're saying new R1 are you talking about the normal R1 or R1M

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BUMP for a price drop and mileage update, the bike has a little over 5500 miles on it after the weekend ride.

I'll take $6800 if anyone is interested, send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Thanks fellow riders. Ride safe and keep that shiny side up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts