Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im listing my classic antique 1972 Honda CB350 cafe racer.. Its an awesome bike! Custom painted the tank/headlight bucket. Its been a fun project, and now its time to let her go.

My mechanic went through the whole engine, replaced all the gaskets, fork seals, and rebuilt the carbs.
It runs great, and can easily do 55 on the highways.

pod filters
kickstart only
replaced rear suspension with external reservoir
Harley sportster mufflers
new battery

The brakes are good, the headlight works, has new tires, etc..

The tank is custom painted Harley Sedona Orange. Inside the black part, is a marbleized effect. The black is outlined with a white pinstripe. And the "HONDA" logo is done in 24 karat gold leaf. All of that is coated with 7 coats of House of Kolor clear coat. The tank is beautiful in person. My photos dont do it justice. The paint job was more than half of my asking cost.

I have a clean and clear title in my name. She is ready to go. Its registered as an antique in VA. I am including an extra mirror, the original suspension, the starter, and a helmet.
Asking $2800 obo. Can deliver within 300 miles of my location. If more than that, I would need compensation for gas.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can be delivered to NY/NJ area. Im actually heading up to Queens area, on the 20th of this month.. I think Beck or MoFZio might need a new toy.. ;)

Reactions: Persius and MoFZio

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it can be her toy. Both of you can ride together (and maybe just you on the weekends). Its great to learn on, not too scary/fast. Ive gotten to 55mph

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BUMP! price dropped to $2200

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sold. Please delete thread

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Congrats!

My new toy...perhaps soon!

Suzuki DR650 2009 (to buy).jpg

Reactions: fatfurious2

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking about a supermoto.. but once I figure out how to wheelie the FZ, then I wont need any other bikes

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yeah, the FZ is a ball of fun-n-fire. Great bike.
Considering a 2015 650R... for adventure riding... dirt roads (lots of them here!).
My FZ (w/6200mi) has traveled about 2mi of dirt road. :nono:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I rode the FZ through some sand today, it wasn't so bad. I bet it'd be awesome with some supermoto tires on it!

I wouldn't use a Ninja 650R as an adventure bike btw. Check out the Versys, though, same motor and its just as cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts